WTTF/B 1999 Fleer Sports Illustrated GOTG autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robert326

MVP
4.90 star(s)
Hello everyone,
I'm giving this set another effort after picking up a few tough autos. The design and photography of these cards is what appealed to me originally. Most of the cards in this set are reprints of historic Sports Illustrated magazine covers. This set contains a nice mix of HOFers and fan favorite types who actually had very few cards during their playing or managing careers.

I have lots of certified autographs, GU and RC to trade. For some of these tougher needs, I have HOF autographs in my PC which I can offer, including GOTG autos from other years. Please see my other threads for trade lists; I'm eventually building a new site as well. You can also let me know your needs and I'll see what I have to offer. I don't mind digging or shopping to complete trades!

Please note I don't open new product anymore, but I actively buy/sell/trade cards from all years, with an extensive inventory from 1995-2010.

As my needs gradually become haves, I know the last few will be difficult to obtain. Hopefully I'm prepared for the quest!

Confirmed Have List (67/80): Agee Banks Barfield Bauer Belinsky Blair Blue Bouton Boyer Brock Buckner Burroughs Campaneris Carlton Carter Cepeda Clyde Dawson Evans Feller Fidrych Fingers Forsch Garvey Gibson Gossage Guidry Harrelson Horner Hrabosky Hrbek Jenkins John Jones Kaline Killebrew Kingman Koosman Kranepool Lee Lonborg Lyle Mathews McGraw Musial Nettles Niekro O'Neil Oliver Parker Perry Powell Rivers Roberts Robinson Rudi Santo Schoendienst Skowron Slaughter Splittorff Torrez Walker Weaver White Williams Wills.

Confirmed Need List (13/80): Luis Aparicio; George Foster; Reggie Jackson (any version); Willie Mays; Sam McDowell; Rico Petrocelli; Johnny Podres; Jerry Royster; Nolan Ryan; Curt Simmons; Frank Thomas; Jim Wynn; Carl Yastrzemski. I can also use a clean condition upgrade of the Bill Buckner auto.

12 Duplicates available for trade toward other needs: Agee Belinsky Blair Blue Brock Campaneris Evans Garvey Harrelson Hrbek Jenkins Killebrew.

Thank you for looking. Please post or PM if you have anything from the above need list, or from similar theme autograph sets (Donruss Classics/Signature Significant Signatures, Greats of the Game, Sweet Spot Classics, Topps Archives, Topps ATFF, Topps Heritage, etc.), or buyback sets (Donruss Recollections, Topps Autoproofs, Topps Originals, etc.)

Last edited:
I've got Bouton, Oliver, and Parker. Scans in my Bench album here:

https://thebenchtrading.com/media/albums/auto-cards.123/

Got any Mike Schmidt autos/tougher parallels, inserts/oddball stuff? Tks, Jim

Thanks so much. I'll dig for some Schmidt cards. May not be enough to trade for these autos, but worth a try.

Great collection, I enjoyed seeing your album. We have similar interests. I also like Bowman/Topps Heritage, reprint autos, etc.

I posted a thread today with autos for trade. See if you can use anything there. Hope we can make a deal. Thanks, Rob.

Have a couple of heritage in my non hof flickr album. Also, have Banks, Carter, Slaughter in my unscanned pc. Looking for mlb hof on card autos in trade (pc cards would need an auto upgrade, but not necessarily the same player,)

Have a couple of heritage in my non hof flickr album. Also, have Banks, Carter, Slaughter in my unscanned pc. Looking for mlb hof on card autos in trade (pc cards would need an auto upgrade, but not necessarily the same player,)

Great hearing from you. Loved seeing the flickr album - brought back some great memories (and gave me a subtle nudge to get my collection organized and photographed/documented).

A few days ago, I posted an auto thread: https://thebenchtrading.com/threads/130-mid-high-end-baseball-autos-ft.483000/. Maybe there's something you'd like.

In terms of HOF autos...I recently got a Lee Smith Topps ATFF auto in trade, which I was planning to keep, but is available FT towards other needs. I can look through my PC to see what I can offer in trade. As I haven't actively traded in years, I may not have any HOF autos you don't yet have.

Separately, I didn't see Hank Greenberg in your HOF PC flickr folder. I have a bunch of his bat cards from 2001-04, including dupes, which are available in trade to you. To my knowledge, there have not been any Greenberg jersey/uniform cards.

Great hearing from you. Loved seeing the flickr album - brought back some great memories (and gave me a subtle nudge to get my collection organized and photographed/documented).

A few days ago, I posted an auto thread: https://thebenchtrading.com/threads/130-mid-high-end-baseball-autos-ft.483000/. Maybe there's something you'd like.

In terms of HOF autos...I recently got a Lee Smith Topps ATFF auto in trade, which I was planning to keep, but is available FT towards other needs. I can look through my PC to see what I can offer in trade. As I haven't actively traded in years, I may not have any HOF autos you don't yet have.

Separately, I didn't see Hank Greenberg in your HOF PC flickr folder. I have a bunch of his bat cards from 2001-04, including dupes, which are available in trade to you. To my knowledge, there have not been any Greenberg jersey/uniform cards.
Thanks for looking and welcome back! It was a LOT of fun taking the pics and seeing some cards I had not seen in a while. That's a small portion of my collection. I do have a Greenberg 2001 ud bat card (I usually try to get a gued and auto before I take photos, so hope to one day be able to afforn an auto) but may trade for others. What year is the Smith and what are your priorities on the greats autos?

What year/set are the Greenberg gued from?