Wttf cards for ttm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r5-grnd-pndr

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Fire season finally is slowing enough to do some trading and ttm. My 6 year old is getting excited about sending for autographs so we will periodically post who we are looking for.

These are for mailing so we for are looking for cheaper base.

Curt Simmons
1976 Topps - [Base] #205
Al Hrabosky, Rich Gossage

Let me know what you need in return.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
Open to anything on these three. Really would like them in a cubs uniform (Shantz, simmons) but I don't think there are any newer issues with them in one.

What are you looking for in return.

I have these signed TTM cards:
1961 Topps #11Curt Simmons (Cardinals)
1964 Topps #385 Curt Simmons (Cardinals)
1966 Topps #489 Curt Simmons (Cardinals)
1967 Topps #39 Curt Simmons (Cubs)
1993 Ted Williams Co.#13 Carl Erskine (Dodgers)
1993 Ted Williams Co.#69 Bobby Shantz (A's)
2017 Panini DK-6 Carl Erskine (Dodgers)

can trade for other TTMs, higher value RCs, Jeters '92--'96 or '70s baseball I need....

Thanks for the offer rooster- right now only looking for cards for my 6 yr old to send. I want to get him helping with the letters to improve his writing.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Found these:
Erskine - 08 Donruss Threads, 88 Pacific Legens
Shantz - 88 Pacific Legends
Post it as free cards and you can have them. Will send pwe. Don't need anything in return since it's with your kid.

I will take a look for you to see if I have any left unsigned, but I found the original Topps Archives set from 91/92 (the 53/54 reprints) - did EXTREMELY well in getting signed by some of the old timers!

Thanks for the offer rooster- right now only looking for cards for my 6 yr old to send. I want to get him helping with the letters to improve his writing.

Thanks again

That's a very cool project and great socializing for your son, all of those guys are very warm and generous and great signers. Erskine likes to play harmonica and has an autistic son. Maybe do a little research on them to give yourself some topics to touch on in your letters, that goes a long way. All the best..... ~Rooster.

Katester44- thank you we'd really appreciate it.

Rooster- It's been fun so far, we started it as mainly just cubs, but most a lot of player won't answer questions as often as they use to.
Before we send we try and do some research just as a side learning tool, i.e. geography, historical events, colleges, life after sports. It's been pretty good, but some players like everybody else have some skeletons in there closet.

Katester44- thank you we'd really appreciate it.

Rooster- It's been fun so far, we started it as mainly just cubs, but most a lot of player won't answer questions as often as they use to.
Before we send we try and do some research just as a side learning tool, i.e. geography, historical events, colleges, life after sports. It's been pretty good, but some players like everybody else have some skeletons in there closet.

4 Bobby Shantz cards coming your way. Mr. Shantz used to own a bowling alley and "soda shop" in Chalfont, PA. Was called Pit-Catcher Lanes. Spent a ton of time there as a kid, loved looking at all the Gold Gloves he had displayed. They have since been torn down, but the memories remain.

If I can find either of the others, will get them to you as well. Simmons was a part owner of a golf course (with Robin Roberts) in Chalfont, PA called Limekiln Golf Club. I was able to get Mr. Roberts to sign one of the score cards.

Last edited:
What a great thing to share with your son!
Took a quick look and have only vintage which I understand you're not looking for on this project. If I come upon any others I'll LYK.
Congrats!
Boots

Thanks boots. Hopefully he'll keeping enjoying it. I'd love to trade for vintage if I can find anything that you need.
Is there anything in particular you are looking for?

I think we are good with the erskine and shantz thanks to katester and swish, but I'm trying to find a few more older players who have a good story to send to.

Thanks again!

I'm looking for my insert needs or Heritage SPs. You can take a look at the wantlists on my site if you'd like!
Thanks.
Boots
Thanks boots. Hopefully he'll keeping enjoying it. I'd love to trade for vintage if I can find anything that you need.
Is there anything in particular you are looking for?

I think we are good with the erskine and shantz thanks to katester and swish, but I'm trying to find a few more older players who have a good story to send to.

Thanks again!