Yesterday, One of my all time personal favorites...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

houbb

Ed Kirkpatrick 1/1 1 month (1970 Topps)
24791 Via Larga
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677-1933

It's always pretty special to have an Ed Kirkpatrick success. I remember Ed when he was with the Royals in the early '70's, and I used to love how the ball jumped off his bat. He was one of the Royal's most consistent players in their first year in existence, and a fine ball player. He was also a pretty cool guy. I remember meeting him at the Astrodome in the mid '70's, when he was with the Pirates, and he was really cool with fans. Still is...despite the 1981 auto accident that left him in a wheelchair for life. That's why if you have a TTM success with him the sig is shaky. Spanky was quite the battler on the field, as I recall, and in life, as well.

Just thought you guys might like to know.

very nice congrats!!! like robert said its awesome when you add insight on your returns...

Thanks guys! Ed didn't put up big numbers during his MLB career. He was a utlity player, for the most part, but a talented and scrappy one at that. I remember back in the mid '70's ('74 or '75, I think), where the benches cleared during a Pirates-Reds game. At the height of the tension, someone accidentally pushed Sparky Anderson, and Sparky stepped on Ed's foot. That's the exact moment when one of the biggest baseball brawls I've ever seen broke out. Ed and Sparky are two of the nicest individuals you would ever meet, but very competitive. Can you imagine those two duking it out? Yes, Ed was built like an Ox and Sparky had some bruises after that one.