Your Best Pulls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kycardkid

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
There is a thread in the TTM section about your best TTM'S or IP autograph so I thought this might be another fun topic of discussion. So what is your best pull or pulls? Most memorable? I will kick this off.

Living in Lexington,KY 1999 was a big year for football as UK alum Tim Couch was the number one pick in the draft that year. I was 16 at the time. A buddy and I went to the LCS to pick up a box of Topps to split in the hopes of pulling a Couch rookie. We split the box down the middle he taking the left side and I taking the right. Within 3 packs he pulled a Couch and I was totally bummed because I just knew that would be the only one in the box. What made it worse was he was rubbing it in.Then on my next to last pack I pulled a Randy Moss autograph. I totally got the last laugh on that one.

I had mildly got into basketball cards back when Durant and Oden were drafted. I was visiting the LCS and he put out a fresh box of 06-07 Topps Luxury box. I was really only there to get supplies but the sight of a fresh new box was irresistible,so I bought a pack. In that pack I pulled a Moses Malone,Rick Barry,and Elgin Baylor triple auto jersey #7/10.

Baseball has been and always will be my first love. I have bought 100x more baseball than the other sports combined and have had only one good pull. In 2006 when Topps Co-Signers debuted I went to the shop and picked up a box. He had just gotten in the case and let me pick my box out of the case. In that I pulled a Catfish Hunter/Bob Lemon Co-Signer cut autograph. Outside of that one card I have not pulled anything worth telling out of a baseball box. I just have horrible luck when it comes to the sport I love.

For me it was 2001. I was coming home here in upstate NY while visiting my parents in MA. On the MA Turnpike, I stopped and bought some gas at a Circle K and made an impulse buy of 3 packs of 2001 Topps Traded. After getting home a few hours later, I opened them not expecting much. I got an Albert Pujols! Upon further inspection, it was a chrome refractor!!

2010 Topps Tribute case paid about 1800. 3rd pack of the first box Josh Heyward Red 1/1 Patch Auto. Sold that for $1350. Ridiculous price :) Good thing he was hot :)

Bo Jackson 87 Topps Rookie Card, which isnt worth a ton these days, but sold that and an auto card of his to help pay for our son's surgery, so that is the backstory, making that card VERY valuable to me, in that it helped our son get healthy and be the happy 1 year old he is now, thanks be to God!

Its the stories that make this hobby fun, and I love hearing everyone's! Keep them coming along!! Thanks kycardkid for the thread, this is awesome!!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Best pull. HMMM
2011 Finest Green refractor Mike Trout or
2011 Topps Triple Threads White Whale auto/gu patch KOUFAX/CLAYTON KERSHAW/AROLDIS CHAPMAN 1/1 or
2011 Topps Triple Threads Flashback Relics Gold #TTFR3 Babe Ruth 8/9 or
2011 Topps Marquee Museum Collection Autographs #JS John Smoltz 1/10 or
2012 Prime Cuts Timeline Trios Materials MVP #48 Ty Cobb/25 or
2010 Topps Tribute Relics Gold #HWA Honus Wagner or
2011 Topps Marquee Titanic Threads #TTJR5 Joe DiMaggio--- Pinstripe almost dead center or
2012 Topps Tribute Autographs #APU Albert Pujols/8
Its hard to chose one and still have all of them

Best pull. HMMM
2011 Finest Green refractor Mike Trout or
2011 Topps Triple Threads White Whale auto/gu patch KOUFAX/CLAYTON KERSHAW/AROLDIS CHAPMAN 1/1 or
2011 Topps Triple Threads Flashback Relics Gold #TTFR3 Babe Ruth 8/9 or
2011 Topps Marquee Museum Collection Autographs #JS John Smoltz 1/10 or
2012 Prime Cuts Timeline Trios Materials MVP #48 Ty Cobb/25 or
2010 Topps Tribute Relics Gold #HWA Honus Wagner or
2011 Topps Marquee Titanic Threads #TTJR5 Joe DiMaggio--- Pinstripe almost dead center or
2012 Topps Tribute Autographs #APU Albert Pujols/8
Its hard to chose one and still have all of them

Do you have a scan of the Babe Ruth you can post, that is really cool!

When I get home tonight I have some scanning to do I will get this one and another one a member asked for in another thread
On the front it says Ruth in bat and on the back it says Sultan of Swat

2015 TOPPS HERITAGE CLUB HOUSE COLLECTION QUAD GAME-USED TROUT/HARPER/AARON/MAYS HAND NUMBERED TO 10 1 in 39,400 packs

Pulled from a Blaster

2015 TOPPS HERITAGE CLUB HOUSE COLLECTION QUAD GAME-USED TROUT/HARPER/AARON/MAYS HAND NUMBERED TO 10 1 in 39,400 packs

Pulled from a Blaster

Larry, I must admit I have been envious ever since you posted that card in the box breaks/nice pulls section. LOL! That was an awesome pull.

The Bambino triple threads is awesome as well. I think if I pulled something like that someone may have to call an ambulance.

THANKS FOR POSTING! Those are so cool! Some awesome stuff all on one page!
Thank you
The Nolan on top right is pack pulled, The Ripken was pack pulled, the white whale was pack pulled also

The Bambino triple threads is awesome as well. I think if I pulled something like that someone may have to call an ambulance.
I was stoked when I pulled it but I would go on saying ne very first card I pulled that booked over 100.00 was a 2001 bowman gold Pujols Rc. Still have that one too.

Pulled a Ken Griffey Jr./Mickey Mantle dual autograph from a box of 2007 Upper Deck Spectrum in November of 2007. Still have it too.

I know to many it's an iconic card that would be the centerpiece of any PC but to me,it's hopefully a means to end of getting a 1951 Bowman Willie Mays RC which would be the centerpiece of MY PC.

Pulled a Ken Griffey Jr./Mickey Mantle dual autograph from a box of 2007 Upper Deck Spectrum in November of 2007. Still have it too.

I know to many it's an iconic card that would be the centerpiece of any PC but to me,it's hopefully a means to end of getting a 1951 Bowman Willie Mays RC which would be the centerpiece of MY PC.

Would love to see a photo if you had time to post it.

I don't buy any high-end stuff, so I was pretty stoked when I pulled a Sandy Koufax auto from Allen & Ginter last year. I can only remember one other time saying "Whoa..." after a pull, when I pulled a Cal Ripken auto from Topps Rookie Cup in 2005.