Your best trades ever.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bubby01

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Any stories? I have one.
I traded a $12 Phil Coke auto for a 02 Joe Mauer Bowman RC.
At the time both cards booked for $12. Got the Mauer a couple
days later. Five days passed and the new Beckett pricing came out.
The Mauer went from $12 to $30, not bad for a Phil Coke auto.:D

i have a trade story

made this trade at a show

2008 upper deck steven jackson jersey 8.00

for this

2008 bowman chrome blue refractor auto austin romine /150 75.00

haha not bad. guy didnt know baseball

I traded with a guy on SCF a bunch of 90s inserts for an 08 SP authentic evan longoria auto/jersey RC.

I had to trade 2xBV in his favor, but trading a bunch of $5-10 inserts for a nice RC auto was pretty sweet.

He seemed really happy with the deal too becuase he specializes in 90s inserts. It was really a win-win.

Dan

Just thought of another.
Bought a 70-71 Topps Wilt Chaimberlain on the school bus for $5!
That was 17 years ago. Man I'm getting old.

I have no huge steals or anything. But member on Beckett a few years back was nice enough to give me a David Thompson (NBA/ABA) auto, BV around $25 I think. He was a very nice guy. I mentioned I was interested in Thompson and other former NC State players. He was more than happy to send it to me and expect nothing in return.

I've thought about starting a collection of ABA players. Anyone know
why the ABA didn't pan out? Before my time....I think.

^ It went on to merge with the NBA. Nuggets, Nets, Spurs, Pacers were all former ABA teams. I don't know the details really, but the ABA was marketed as an investment opportunity for potential owners. Potential owners were told they could own a ABA team for half of what an NBA team would cost. Therefore, when the ABA became a threat to the NBA and the leagues merged (which some say was the ABA's long term intention all along) and ABA owner would have more than doubled their investment. So, if that's true then it seems like the ABA did exactly what it was supposed to. It merged with the NBA and helped popularize a more flashy style of basketball.

Had a trade on here, not sure if its a "phenomenal trade" but if looking at SVs at the current moment compared to the past I made out well. The trade was very even for desire at the time but the SVs have changed.

Received:
2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Chad James AU (SV: $4)
2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Jared Mitchell AU (SV: $15.50)
2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Mike Trout Refractor AU (SV: $72)

Traded:
2006 Bowman Sterling Prince Fielder RC AU GU (SV: $18.50)

So a current $73 difference in SV my way

I traded some guy out of a 1988 Topps Don Mattingly Record Breakers. I sent him some 2001 Bowman chrome card of some Cardinals guy that someone had written on the front in blue sharpie. I was like, "what a su...."

Oh, wait...

I got a 68 Mantle for a NES Maniac Mansion game. A friend of mine at the time came to my door with the card in hand and offered it.. I didn't even think it over, I just ran and grabbed the game.

I got one for you traded a 2007 Upper deck set for a box of what i thought was baseball inserts and commons comes out the box has
Mcwire USA RC 5 Bonds Topps RC Puckett RC all 3 Gwynn RC Boggs RC Mattingly RC And many others and doubles of alot of the cards nice trade in my favor i thought

I traded some guy out of a 1988 Topps Don Mattingly Record Breakers. I sent him some 2001 Bowman chrome card of some Cardinals guy that someone had written on the front in blue sharpie. I was like, "what a su...."

Oh, wait...

Oh, wow...

Reminds me that I traded someone here a Heyward auto for a Joe Savery blue refractor auto. I actually had 2 Heywards at the time, and was not aware of just how good he was. When I became aware, I got rid of the Savery auto in short order, but it still has not erased that trade from my mind unfortunately.

NYY1-Wow! Those NES games go for $2-5 now, nice trade!

Braves95-Took me a sec but now I get it. Ever wake up in the middle of
the night screaming! Are you from the tri cities? I grew up in Knoxville,
living in Greenback now about 40mi sw of knox.

DP33- At least you didn't trade both. I bought 1 pack of
07 Bowman draft from the card shop in 07. Put
all of it in my monster box of commons. I was going through the box one day
checking to see if I had good RC's, and found a Heyward prospect. Not
bad for 1 pack.

The GU guy- sweet trade

Ok in 1990 I was 11, I bought one pack of Leaf and pulled a Frank Thomas rookie (remember when it was worth alot of $$$)

I was a huge Strawberry fan he was my favorite player. So I traded the Thomas for a Strawberry Fleer rookie. Both at the time were 40.00 I always remember that trade, it was equal fair and made us both happy.

redsoxfan1979- I remember back in school people would bring
stacks of 90 Topps RC's to show them off. They thought they'd
be rich someday. Gee, thanks a lot Topps, you can't walk across
a card shop floor without tripping over a box now. lol

I traded a 2008 UD A Piece of History Turquoise Dice K /15 for a 2007 Wright Sterling /10 and some Wright g/u. I also traded a 2008 Goudey Derek Jeter Sports Royalty Auto for 3 David Wright autos. I pulled a 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter mini red Papelbon /10 which I sold for about $150. I then turned around and bought an 09 Finest Finest moments Red Refractor of Wright 5/25 (his jersey #) for 45$ and still had a $100 to buy another box =)

Russ- good pulls nice trade.
Can anyone tell me how to figure up how many total cards
a specific player has? I've noticed player collectors have totals
on their favorite player.

Russ- good pulls nice trade.
Can anyone tell me how to figure up how many total cards
a specific player has? I've noticed player collectors have totals
on their favorite player.

I think most everyone gets it through Beckett.com. If you type in the player's name in the search box, then click on the link to the player's name (the first entry in the list), you'll get a gray box to the right that has the card counts for that player. These are the numbers for Longoria, for example:

statistics
Total Cards: 1,307
Total Rookie Cards: 43
Total Memorabilia Cards: 283
Total Autograph Cards: 341