12 Days of Christmas Contest! CONTEST IS OVER WINNER IS SYMPHONIC METAL!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in honor of Clifford Ray, I was going to choose his Golden State Warrior jersey number but 44 was already taken so I'll reverse his Bulls jersey number and select 41 instead.

Funny how I remember him as a Bull even though he only played with them 3 seasons while I totally forgot he played with the Warriors and he played 7 seasons with that team!! He was also a major cog for the championship team as he was second only to Rick Barry in minutes played in the 1975 NBA Finals. With the Bullets having two HOF big men in Wes Unseld and Elvin Hayes and the Warriors being undersized it makes perfect sense they would play Mr. Ray heavy minutes in that shocking series.

Thanks again for the fun contest!

Very cool trivia, Metal, and I just read that Clifford had more rebounds in his career than points, so that would have made him extra instrumental in that series, as Elvin Hayes would switch between power forward and center, and Clifford would have guarded him most likely.

Also, Ray won another championship ring as a coach with the Celtics in 2008. The Celtics (Dad's favorite team) sure had a knack for talent, and while they often would pick up players past their prime (ala Pete Maravich and Dominique Wilkins) they also gave older players a fresh start (Gerald Henderson).

God Bless,

Kevin

Numbers taken thus far: 2, 5, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 34, 37, 38, 39, 41, 42, 44, 49, 53, 55, 59, 60, 63, 64, 65, 66, 72, 74, 75, 77, 79, 83, 87, 88, 89, 91, 95, 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.