15th Annual Benchies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Now that we have wrapped up the 2008 Yankee Stadium Legacy Set, felt like I needed another challenge to keep me busy.

Yeah, yeah, I know they haven't been around for quite some time so "annual" is a bit of a misnomer. But, the last one that we did have was the 5th Annual, and here we are 10 years later, so we get the 15th Annual Benchies.

Because it is somewhat of a monumental undertaking - I am going to limit the categories in the re-boot to 3. Post your requests in this thread and than I will add a poll with the top 8 most requested for a final vote. We can't add the icon to our avatars anymore, so I thought we could pin a post that is a "Benchie HOF" that recognizes yearly winners with the card they won with.

Still lots of moving parts in my head regarding this, but it is time to bring back this popular Bench item!

Member trophies could be added for all the awards every year. Members could get like 5 points, plus a trophy, for each award they win. Maybe 3 points for 2nd and 1 point for 3rd too?

Best Vintage card, Best modern card, Best gu/auto card? Is that what you mean by three catagories? If your answer is yes, those three make the most sense to me.

Best Vintage card, Best modern card, Best gu/auto card? Is that what you mean by three catagories? If your answer is yes, those three make the most sense to me.
Yes, that is what I am thinking - but you can bring up as many potential categories as you choose, nominators are not limited to 3. That will just be the final vote that picks the top 3.

It's built in to the software already. @Shaggy should be able to do that pretty easily.
Why cannot a staff member do this? Trying to count on Shaggy to do this while someone like Kate would be a better alternative. Of course that is if she was given the perms to cash the checks.

Don

Why cannot a staff member do this? Trying to count on Shaggy to do this while someone like Kate would be a better alternative. Of course that is if she was given the perms to cash the checks.

Don

Nobody else has the permissions to do it. Shaggy would need to add those permissions for each moderator he wanted to have access to do it.

Almost 2 weeks in and we have a grand total of 5 potential categories being mentioned. I will set up a poll on Friday at noon (-ish) with the top 8 (if we can get that many) as to what the final options will be.

As with everything, the more participation and feedback we get, the better the end product should be.

I won't be entering as I had the Griffey Jr. auto rainbow and losted in one of the last Benchies contest! Best regards, David
Why would you let that stop you? So many new members. I only won two or three out of all the entries I submitted. Im batting under .300 thats for sure.

Almost 2 weeks in and we have a grand total of 5 potential categories being mentioned. I will set up a poll on Friday at noon (-ish) with the top 8 (if we can get that many) as to what the final options will be.

As with everything, the more participation and feedback we get, the better the end product should be.

Poll will be up either this evening or tomorrow - today got away from me a bit. Too much stuff going on.

If we have an award for the "Comeback Bench Member of the Year" then I nominate myself! :p

I stopped collecting pretty much cold-turkey about August of 2019 but have gone HARD AS A BLANKETY-BLANK since about a March of this year! :LOL:

Why would you let that stop you? So many new members. I only won two or three out of all the entries I submitted. Im batting under .300 thats for sure.
0-1. At least u won....I worked hard to get the rainbow....and stupid members voted against the best! One member said u brought those cards....how is that collecting....I pulled one of the cards and trade for three. Only 7 were purchased.....the other guy had 100 gu cards.....I wonder how many of those were purchased! So I won't enter or vote and that's my right.