1986-87 Cleveland Indians photo/postcards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Does anyone happen to have any of the black & white player postcards the Indians released in 1986 & '87? The 2003 Standard Catalog lists Bernardo Brito in both sets, but I've not been able to find any evidence of these cards anywhere outside a price guide. All I ever see on eBay are the Gatorade and Oh Henry sets.

Just thought I'd ask. I'd gladly give $5 each for these two $0.25 postcards if anyone has them!

Just thought I'd bump this. I now have the 1986 card and am just looking for the 1987 edition. Has anyone seen any of these 1987 b&w photo cards? They're blank on the back and there's nothing indicating the year. Because of that, if any one has one the (of either year), the offer is still good.

Often times these types of team releases seem to go unnoticed and are released in fairly low quantities. You would think that the larger size of them would make them stand out, but it's not the case. I too am looking for a Jaguars Team issue from 1996 that I have NEVER seen.

It's nice to see that you're willing to pay 2000% over BV :p Hate to see those who are "fixed" on % of BV.

Good luck in you search

Well, I figure, if it's a card that I'm not likely to ever see more than once in my life, $5 is a small price to pay. The main problem here is that Beckett doesn't include these in their catalog, making them that much harder for the average collector to even know what they are.

I've got a similar Buy It Now on eBay for the 1990 Topps TV Yankees Meulens card where I'm offering $10 (another $0.25 card) since I haven't been able to find one outside a set in 5+ years. And I can't talk the one person with the set to break it.

BV is largely meaningless to me since the prices for all these obscure cards I'm hunting never change in the guides and they're a LOT more rare than any of the #'d junk being pushed around these days as "rare".

Last edited:
You MIGHT consider buying the set, depending on the price. Imagine how many Yankee collectors out there are looking for their guy and want a card from that set, but also don't want to buy the entire set. If you don't mind relisting singles, you might even make some money depending on the set price now!

I've got a similar Buy It Now on eBay for the 1990 Topps TV Yankees Meulens card where I'm offering $10 (another $0.25 card) since I haven't been able to find one outside a set in 5+ years. And I can't talk the one person with the set to break it.

There is a guy selling an MSA Carousel set on ebay now. He wants $50 delivered for the set and won't break it (I already asked). I only want the Garvey, but I hate listing items on ebay and don't feel that the singles will help me break even, let alone make any money on the deal. I can't justify spending $50 on the Garvey along, as I have about a dozen other address variations for the Carousel disc already. Who knows how many exist, so I will not go crazy over just one!

Hard to find may be a better description. I'm sure most of those obscure cards are buried away in collections or warehouses as unsold! Most of that suff was made in great quantities and I'd bet most of it still exists somewhere. The biggest problem with common players is that it just isn't worth the effort to find and try to sell them for most people. Even team sets may not spark enough interest, depending on who else is in the sets. Sucks, but it's reality.

Rare...probably not. Impossible to find...definitely!

BV is largely meaningless to me since the prices for all these obscure cards I'm hunting never change in the guides and their a LOT more rare than any of the #'d junk being pushed around these days as "rare".

You MIGHT consider buying the set, depending on the price. Imagine how many Yankee collectors out there are looking for their guy and want a card from that set, but also don't want to buy the entire set. If you don't mind relisting singles, you might even make some money depending on the set price now!

And I would if not for the $150 price tag for the set. I could probably unload half the cards in the set for $1.50-$2 on Sportlots, but there's no way I'd recoup even half of the $150 considering how bad the Yankees in that set were. There are basically 3 cards I want, two more that would sell quickly and a whole pile of guys no one cares about (I've yet to see any one collecting Lee Guetterman, Rich Monteleone or Randy Velarde).

Hard to find may be a better description. I'm sure most of those obscure cards are buried away in collections or warehouses as unsold! Most of that suff was made in great quantities and I'd bet most of it still exists somewhere.

I'm betting most of these sets are buried in a landfill somewhere in the greater Cleveland area.

Yes, $150 is steep. Seller is dreaming perhaps. Kinda like the guy trying to sell a DK Garvey from 05 #'d/5. He wants $125. He missed the boat on that one I'm afraid. He may have gotten that, maybe more, 4 years ago! More reasonable price now, and may even still be on the high end because I collect him and help set prices most of the time on lower serial number cards, is $45-65.

Seeing as this hasn't made it into the archive just yet, I thought I'd resurrect it. I'm still looking for the 1987 Cleveland Indians black & white, blank-backed photo/postcard of Bernardo Brito. These sets were issued every year from 1981 to at least 1988.

Unfortuantely, these sets were last listed in the 2003 Standard Catalog of Baseball cards. I really hope next year's issue restores some of this stuff since it's going to put so much on CD instead of paper.

I'm upping my bounty to $10 for the 1987 Brito. Since I've got two oft he 1986, I'd really like to see a scan or photo before buying to make sure I don't end up with a third copy of the same card.