1987 Donruss question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjbuchanan80

Prospect
I'm currently collecting sets from my youth - the junk wax era. I'm randomly diving into these and I decided to get a box of '87 Donruss off eBay. The cards arrived and when going through the packs, I noticed that all of the packs were pretty much collated. They all contained the Clemente puzzle pieces and were sealed, but a pack would go something like 103,104,105,106,107,108, 45, 109, 110, 111, 112,113, etc...

Did Donruss really suck this bad at packing out their cards or does this smell like an "open and re-seal" (if anything, I guess, for the Bonds - which I did not get one in my box).

It's not too big of a deal because I am just buying the box to put together the set, but I am just wondering if I should start avoiding this seller.

Thanks!

I'm currently collecting sets from my youth - the junk wax era. I'm randomly diving into these and I decided to get a box of '87 Donruss off eBay. The cards arrived and when going through the packs, I noticed that all of the packs were pretty much collated. They all contained the Clemente puzzle pieces and were sealed, but a pack would go something like 103,104,105,106,107,108, 45, 109, 110, 111, 112,113, etc...

Did Donruss really suck this bad at packing out their cards or does this smell like an "open and re-seal" (if anything, I guess, for the Bonds - which I did not get one in my box).

It's not too big of a deal because I am just buying the box to put together the set, but I am just wondering if I should start avoiding this seller.

Thanks!

I'm guessing it was Donruss, been so long since I opened a 1987 pack though I can't recall. If he was opening and re-sealing I assume he would just stick the same cards back in each pack instead of organizing them in some way. Not like the Bonds RC is worth that much but some with some people you never know.

I'm leaning towards Donruss being goofy on this one:)

As soon as you said that the cards came in order I started smiling. That;s the way the packsw came that year for the most part.

Yeah I vaguely remember that too... granted I was young but remember trying to complete my sets and my wantlist always had "chunks" of cards need (ex. #100 thru 106 was needed).