1988 Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

majdic2136

Pro
4.90 star(s)
I've been deciding to get into collecting the 1988 baseball sets since that was the year I was born and was just wondering what the big brands were back then. Here are the brands I have some cards of, but let me know if there are more. also if you have any let me know as I'd love to trade away base I have from the 80's and 90's for them.

Topps
Donruss
Fleer
Score

were there any others?

Sportflics was technically one of the "big" companies, too.

And if you go the Canadian route, Leaf & O-***-Chee. That covers all the main base sets of 1988.

Last edited:
Hello, I Have A Ton Of Phillies Cards And Most Likely Could Get You Close To Phillies Team Sets Of That Year. Do You Have Any 1991 Topps Stadium Clubs Or A 2003 Dan Plesac For Trade? Let Me Know, You Can Pm Me.
- Walt Q

Sportflics was technically one of the "big" companies, too.

And if you go the Canadian route, Leaf & O-***-Chee. That covers all the main base sets of 1988.

thanks for the help...which moderator do I contact to add these sets in the options for profile?

Leaf was the Canadian branch of Donruss, like O *** Chee was the canadian version of Topps, often had the same basic design, about half the cards, and more focus on the Expos and Blue Jays

so then i probably don't want to collect them then...what do you guys do when/if you collect a year?

so then i probably don't want to collect them then...what do you guys do when/if you collect a year?

Those sets from 1988 are so cheap I would go ahead and collect them all. You could buy boxes of them so cheap shipping might cost you more than the actual boxes themselves:)

Those sets from 1988 are so cheap I would go ahead and collect them all. You could buy boxes of them so cheap shipping might cost you more than the actual boxes themselves:)

good to know....thanks! but the point is to collect and not buy them all...where is the fun in that lol

Leaf was the Canadian branch of Donruss, like O *** Chee was the canadian version of Topps, often had the same basic design, about half the cards, and more focus on the Expos and Blue Jays

Consider that you're trying to collect sets that can be had for under $10 each. The O-***-Chee set would be the only challenge in the bunch. The rest available for $5 a wax box and there's probably not one collector on this site (yourself excluded) that doesn't have at least 1000 of each of the other sets.

If you are looking for any of these cards you came to the right place. I will trade you any 1988 Topps for just about anything. Mr. DaClyde is right. Most of us have tons of this stuff.

If you are looking for any of these cards you came to the right place. I will trade you any 1988 Topps for just about anything. Mr. DaClyde is right. Most of us have tons of this stuff.

Sweet...I dont have a huge collection to trade...a lot of base from 89-92 various in between and 2000, 2001, the various until present