2008 UD Heroes Case Break (LIVE)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ok last 3 boxes are done....we ended with a fizzle.

Box #8 was great with a Berra jsy, Lester Auto....but box 9 and 10 were subpar. And no YSL in the case, I don't think anyone will complain since we got 32 autos, 4 patches, and i think 4 regular jsy

I'm going to be a bit busy the rest of the weekend, but I will get a list up soon so everyone can start picking.

Thanks for doing this again...I know you have your hands full now though!

I also want to say thanks for doing this. Your dedication to the site is what makes this the best trading site around!!

Well we got our 40 hits we were expecting, don't think anyone guessed the 1st 15 picks or so, would be so hard to decide apon. Everyone loving the Jeters and the Griffey, several other /5 and /10 GU/Autos to choose from, makes those Jeter cards a little less guaranteed top 5 cards.

Well we got our 40 hits we were expecting, don't think anyone guessed the 1st 15 picks or so, would be so hard to decide apon. Everyone loving the Jeters and the Griffey, several other /5 and /10 GU/Autos to choose from, makes those Jeter cards a little less guaranteed top 5 cards.

39 hits* of what should be 41, but I'm not complaining :).

I have the #3 pick...so I guess I'm guaranteed a Jeter Auto if I want one. (thats actually what I was hoping for when I got a low pick, before the break)

with the amount of good hits, do I need to list the parallels? or can I jusr put them into team lots and say Yankees have X inserts and X base?

with the amount of good hits, do I need to list the parallels? or can I jusr put them into team lots and say Yankees have X inserts and X base?

I wouldnt list everything...I can imagine someone taking an insert over an auto.jersey card

It would be nice to list inserts of each team and # of base but that really would be too much work for you.

If there was only a handful of autos and the lower drafting people preferred a team lot....I would do it but this stack of inserts is BIG and most are #'d 249 and up. I think only 1 is #'d to 25

Going to create a thread with a list of cards and draft order.

I wouldnt list everything...I can imagine someone taking an insert over an auto.jersey card

It's possible, because that one purple might sell for more than one of those Gorzelanny autos :)

Anyone want to trade for my Clemens GU Auto /10?
%20Roger%20Clemens%20UD%20Heroes%20GU%20AU%2003-10.jpg

Last edited:
I think it would be best to list the parallels by team (without the exact serial #, just the print run) so people know which team lots have the most loot...

Its a lot of work, I know, but it may help establish some ideas for future breaks...such as drafting teams before the break; if this was already done your work would be a lot easier! Some people might not like that idea but the less drafting and picking post-break is much quicker as well as easier for the breakmaster. It also makes the actual break a little more exciting because you know what to root for...

Of course, this is just my 2 cents...this case was amazing so many people are going to walk away very happy, had it been a more average case it would be a different story.

Generally speaking, people participating in group breaks need to understand that in order for there to be big winners there also needs to be big losers. Higher risks bring higher rewards...$30 for a chance at a case hit is a great deal and people need to understand that the $30 is only buying the chance, after that there should be no expectations.

Again, a big thanks to our tireless breakmaster! You are doing a great job and I look forward to many more group breaks to come!

I think it would be best to list the parallels by team (without the exact serial #, just the print run) so people know which team lots have the most loot...

Its a lot of work, I know, but it may help establish some ideas for future breaks...such as drafting teams before the break; if this was already done your work would be a lot easier! Some people might not like that idea but the less drafting and picking post-break is much quicker as well as easier for the breakmaster. It also makes the actual break a little more exciting because you know what to root for...

Of course, this is just my 2 cents...this case was amazing so many people are going to walk away very happy, had it been a more average case it would be a different story.

Generally speaking, people participating in group breaks need to understand that in order for there to be big winners there also needs to be big losers. Higher risks bring higher rewards...$30 for a chance at a case hit is a great deal and people need to understand that the $30 is only buying the chance, after that there should be no expectations.

Again, a big thanks to our tireless breakmaster! You are doing a great job and I look forward to many more group breaks to come!

Agreed on all terms. Big winners and big losers (normally, this case was an exception)

Don't know if you know VintageHeroes, but you are on the clock and there are several Tom Gorzelannys to choose from. ;)