2009 UD Buyback question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

What are the odds on these?

All Upper Deck says on their site is that they bought "several" complete sets. At the rate Beckett is adding 2009 sets to their catalog, we won't see this buyback set listed until about spring 2010.

If the Griffey auto in the buyback set has a print run of 89, I'm guessing the base set is exactly that, if not bigger.

Yes...76 signed in blue and 13 in black.

Also, it does seem that the entire 800-card set was "bought back" and reissued...at least Beckett has all 800 cards catalogued. Yes, even the checklists (cards 694-701). :)

Well, I now have two of the Meulens and am bidding on a third. Still no sign of Roberto Kelly, Dave Henderson or Matt Williams.

I really screwed up my auction (long story) and didn't get the card despite willing to bid more. Very upset.

Another of the exact card (CL) was just listed. I won't be losing this one.:D

And I just got the second one for about 1/2 of what the first one went for. :) :)

Just need the Base non CL card now. WEEEEEEEEEEEE

Awesome, just won my third Meulens! At this rate, I'll have the market cornered before all the other Meulens collectors even know it's on the market. Yes, then it will be MY market and I can set whatever price I choose!

Now if only Panini would do some 1989 Donruss buybacks...

To resurrect an old thread...what's the deal with the scarcity of the 1989 buybacks? I've been watching eBay, Sportlots and COMC and I'm not really seeing many turning up. I've managed to catch the Dave Henderson and a few of the Hensley Meulens for my player collections, but I thought these would get a lot more play in the market. Are people hoarding them, or do they just not care enough about them to bother listing them for sale?

I've been waiting for a Dave Winfield, Roberto Kelly and Matt Williams to surface and haven't seen any of them (or many beyond the handful of commons currently on eBay).

Seeing as there's still no pricing on them, and they've been out for about a year now...probably there isn't much interest in these cards.

I also think UD losing its license with the MLBPA has dampened potential interest in the 20th Anniversary buybacks.

Man, wishing I would've pulled the trigger on the Sandberg for $10. Like you guys, I haven't seen another one since.