Review 2010 Bowman Platinum - MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2010 Bowman Platinum - MLB

24 packs - 5 cards per pack
'2 Chrome Prospect Autos Inside! -- 1 Auto'd Relic Card in Every Box'

I received the following:

67 base cards - 67% of the 100 card base set - no duplicates! :)
jpg170.jpg

The front of the card has a silver foil background and a digital action photo. The cards are highly reflective. The reverse has pro stat summary and a "Platinum Moment' of the player's career. The rookie cards have the RC designation on the front of the card.

44 Platinum Prospects -- 88% of the 50 card base set :D :D - includes 20 collegiate prospects...

jpg172.jpg

Inserts

Parallels

jpg171.jpg

The parallel card(s) are 3-4 times as thick as the base cards and they are numbered to 999 or 599 (gold)

76 Crawford
100 Wright
PP2 Jennings

Gold
29 Ethier

Refractors

jpg173.jpg
PP47 S. Rodriguez - #ed to 999
Green refractor
PP48 G. Springer - #ed to 499

Autos

jpg175.jpg
Miguel Sano
Jiovanni Mier
(both are refractors)

Bonus Auto Redemption

jpg174.jpg

Auto Patch

jpg176.jpg

Jackie Bradley #ed to 50

Sweet patch!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2010 Bowman Platinum - MLB - this issue is a curious one. It was released in the retail version over a month ago and the hobby version came out just recently. One shop here in Orlando had a few boxes and another had only received a very limited number and they were all gone. Obviously, Topps wanted this issue to be a retail driven issue. Player collectors will have several cards to chase and set builders should not have a real difficult time completing the base sets. I received 67% and 88% of the sets in this one hobby box.

The autos - are on the card - excellent!! The patch is sweet - yet it has a sticker and it is not embedded:eek: ....

Overall grade A- I'm not a big fan of the silver foil cards.

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays and the Rays parallels to me!!

Duane

Ok since no castro did you pull the Jackie Bradley Jr. PP? The auto looks killer, maybe u pulled a base or ref for me.

Last edited: