2011 Pujols black variation question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dalberov

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I was lucky enough to pull a Pujols black variation from 2011 Topps Series 1. I'm curious what you guys think what the book value would be. I have seen that a few have sold on Ebay for $41 - $45. The one I have is numbered 5/60 (his uniform number). Does the uniform number carry more value?

WOW! Quite the response for this. I had a full inbox. Thanks very much for the interest. Your offers are extremely tempting! I'm not sure I will part with the card. It is an intersting conversation piece and a cool looking card too.

Tim, I think you were the only one that came close to actually answering my question. So perhaps I shoould rephrase my question.

First off guys, I put this post in CARD TALK. Not BASEBALL TRADES. Let's get that straight from the top. Depending on the card value, I MAY part with it but it is not very likely. I collect interesting cards as well as cards from my want lists. And if I do want to trade it I will put that post into the approriate forum.

So does anyone have ANY idea what the book value may be? Based on what Tim said I'm estimating about $90. But I'm thinking a little more. I'm only looking for a book value because that interests me as well. I know it's only really worth what I can get for it.

Happy trading!
Dave

It should be around the same bv as last years black parallel cards which was $50. What the sale value will be for a card to his jersey # is a different story.

I collect and build the topps black and gold serial #d parallel sets each year so have collected quite a bit of knowledge about these cards over the years. This card will book at $50 when it comes out in the Beckett either online priceguide or magazine. With his uniform # as the serial # on it, some Pujols fan will most likely want to pay you more than $50 for it. If you list it on eBay, you will probably get anywhere from $40 to $100 is my educated guess. No one can know for sure what you will get in an auction. You can always trade it for much more than $100 in book value, i am sure, and I will be the first to offer you $200 in book value trade for it!

Whatever you decide, you have a nice pull! Best wishes.

Curtis
[email protected]

Thanks for all the responses and messages, everyone! Seems I have a desireable card here. Thanks to you, I now have a fairly good idea what I can get for trade or sale. I'm now more on the fence about what to do with it. It really is a cool card. I'll keep you posted.

Dave