2011 Topps Diamond Giveaway: RINGS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattinglysCards

Pro
5.00 star(s)
I haven't been around much lately so I apologize in advance if this question has already come up.

After the Million Card Giveaway last year, I swore I was not doing anymore of these things, but my 7 year old wanted to redeem the codes. So I've plugged in 39 codes (and haven't gotten crap for cards) and have dug up a virtual treasure trove of rings. So I've been trading rings trying to get the 45 different rings for the card set. I have 38 different rings and one duplicate (Babe Ruth). So yesterday I log on to put in another code and trade that ring. I looked through the offered trades and there are like 734 trade requests and I would guess at least 700 are for Babe Ruth. So my question is "Is the Babe Ruth virtual ring that special or are there just alot of Babe Ruth fans out there?".

Thanks for the help,
Marvin

I haven't been around much lately so I apologize in advance if this question has already come up.

After the Million Card Giveaway last year, I swore I was not doing anymore of these things, but my 7 year old wanted to redeem the codes. So I've plugged in 39 codes (and haven't gotten crap for cards) and have dug up a virtual treasure trove of rings. So I've been trading rings trying to get the 45 different rings for the card set. I have 38 different rings and one duplicate (Babe Ruth). So yesterday I log on to put in another code and trade that ring. I looked through the offered trades and there are like 734 trade requests and I would guess at least 700 are for Babe Ruth. So my question is "Is the Babe Ruth virtual ring that special or are there just alot of Babe Ruth fans out there?".

Thanks for the help,
Marvin

The Mantle ring is the hard one to get. Everything else are a dime a dozen.
I have so many rings, it's to bad I can't melt them down and then redeem them.:D

Not sure about the Ruth, but my trade list shows dozens of people asking for the New York Yankees ring. Its not rare, so I think some people just are working on certain sets. Don't know why though. When the promotion ends, those rings go away.

Thanks for the help,
Marvin

If you plan on getting 45 different rings then you need to redeem more codes. Ruth is not that important. What's important is that you get enough different rings to get the card set. If you get enough rings and dups to get the 45 different rings I can help. Just lmk thanks Butch

Does anyone know how many sets topps is putting out in this years base product? That should be about how many giveaway sets were put out as well? Just curious how many of those mantle rings are out there?

My understanding is that there are 60 Topps rings made by Jostens for the people that put the set of 60 different rings together. There also is a grandprize ring worth 10000$ for a lucky digger.