Review 2014 Topps Mini Chrome N F L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Mini Chrome NFL

24 packs - 4 cards per pack

One rookie card per pack and one mini chrome auto per box

I received these:

85 base cards - 38.6% of the base 220 set -- NO DUPES!!

Mini Chrome has the same design as it's big brother. There is however a bit of 'chrome curl' in the mini's -- just a little bit not much. One should be able to complete a base set with about 4 boxes and the chase could be fun. Mini Chrome is a good issue for the player collector and rookie collector - the master set builder - not so much.

INSERTS

Refractors/Bubble Refractor

3 refractors
1 Bubble - #ed to 102

Ok somebody tell me.... why 102? 99 I understand.... 102?

Cammo Refractor

Lynch and Marshall

Fantasy Focus and Retro (Refractor #ed to 50)

FF - Stafford and Murray
Retro - Beckam, Jr.

Die Cut

David Fales (refractor - I think!)

Auto

James White

On card auto - blue Sharpee -- well done!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The die cut is my favorite insert in the box that I received... hard to tell if it is a refractor - I think it is. For some reason, Topps has quit putting the word refractor on refractor cards. My suggestion is that if you think you have one, put it in a card sleeve so that it does not get mixed with the regular cards.

The Cammo refractor set might be a cool set to build and would certainly be one of very few ever completed.

Overall grade B+ not real sure how many of us out there that collect minis.

Go buy several boxes and see what inserts you find.

Duane

Great review, as always.

Same question on all your FB releases\reviews, any Teddy Bridgewater?

Thanks for the review Duane. I don't understand mini's as it's own set. It's bad enough that they put them as subsets with regular cards, I certainly wouldn't want a whole set of them. Too bad topps cant figure out the chrome curl.

-Brett

Thank you for taking the time to review and can I add that James White is a class act for a young man we seen him in Florida and he took time out to talk to my nephew for over a half hour my nephew did not sleep that night lol

Not sure that there's much market for minis either. You should get plenty of offers for the Beckham. Is the White auto up for trade?
Thanks, Dave