2016 Beckett Almanac of Baseball cards or 2016 Beckett Baseball Price Guide?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thlorian17

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Anyone know the release date please in 2016 for either of these two annual price guide books?

Do either of the two annual guides from 2015 actually cover prices for most of the sets/cards released in early 2015 (say up through April/May 2015)?

Thanks

I have the 2014 Beckett Almanac and it had 2014 Topps Series I listed in it so I would guess that the 2016 Almanac would have the 2016 Series I in it. I am not sure when it comes out though. But it seems that Beckett is sort of like Topps in that they know they are the only game in town so their customers get put on the back burner. You cannot get the on line show schedule anymore from Beckett. And when was the last time anybody actually saw a monthly price guide? I went to a comic book/ card store in Worcester, Ma last week and asked if they had any Beckett's for sale. They said their distributor does not even carry them anymore because nobody wants them. I do not know if Beckett decided that the distributor had to buy something like 5,000 of them so they said no thanks. But price guides seem to be going the way of top hats. But I hope I am wrong.

I have the 2014 Beckett Almanac and it had 2014 Topps Series I listed in it so I would guess that the 2016 Almanac would have the 2016 Series I in it. I am not sure when it comes out though. But it seems that Beckett is sort of like Topps in that they know they are the only game in town so their customers get put on the back burner. You cannot get the on line show schedule anymore from Beckett. And when was the last time anybody actually saw a monthly price guide? I went to a comic book/ card store in Worcester, Ma last week and asked if they had any Beckett's for sale. They said their distributor does not even carry them anymore because nobody wants them. I do not know if Beckett decided that the distributor had to buy something like 5,000 of them so they said no thanks. But price guides seem to be going the way of top hats. But I hope I am wrong.

Thanks!

The Standard Catalog no longer issues a book covering modern cards. I think 2013 might have been the last of those. Now they only issue the Standard Catalog of Vintage Baseball Cards.