2020 Historic Autographs Retrographs CONTEST OVER - Winners are twinjim8791, mechjo16, grapler135s, katester44, and Trishlp! THANKS FOR PLAYING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smalltime35

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Almost took both the remaining cards with this guess - the last card is a "P" but not P3!

Friday guess -- will try E-4. Thanks.
You got it Katester, the card is 1989 UD #44 Jim Eisenreich!

Fun Eisenreich fact: Eisenreich was the runner on 2nd when Edgar Renteria hit his bottom of the 11th walkoff single to win game 7 of the 1997 World Series for the Florida Marlins

Maybe a bit less fun, but I found this really interesting: the story of how Eisenreich's lifelong struggle with Tourette syndrome almost cost him his baseball career (and, incidentally, made space for Kirby Puckett's MLB debut in 1984 - fitting that this card would go to a Puck collector!)

If you guessed after Katester, go again!

Last edited:

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Almost took both the remaining cards with this guess - the last card is a "P" but not P3!

You got it Katester, the card is 1989 UD #44 Jim Eisenreich!

Fun Eisenreich fact: Eisenreich was the runner on 2nd when Edgar Renteria hit his bottom of the 11th walkoff single to win game 7 of the 1997 World Series for the Florida Marlins

Maybe a bit less fun, but I found this really interesting: the story of how Eisenreich's lifelong struggle with Tourette syndrome almost cost him his baseball career (and, incidentally, made space for Kirby Puckett's MLB debut in 1984 - fitting that this card would go to a Puck collector!)

If you guessed after Katester, go again!

Very cool, thanks. I completely forgot that Eisenreich was initially with the Twins. I remember him more for his time with the Phillies.

Status
Not open for further replies.