8/23 - 8/28: A Pretty Decent Week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel_B

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Dan Plesac not only signed my '87 Topps, but included one of his own and personalized it:

279plesac.jpg
scan0001cp.jpg

I think that's "Go Dan" rather than "To Dan". Probably in reference to the fact that in my letter, I mentioned that when I first became a baseball fan he, Quisenberry, and Pasqua were pretty much the only big-leaguers whose parents had had the good taste to name them Dan. :p

And these all came on Thursday:

068larussa.jpg

250higuera.jpg
615higuera.jpg

067swift.jpg

Also on Thursday I received a Dwight Gooden I picked up on ebay, so that's 1 future HOF manager, and 3 20-game winners all on the same day. :cool:

And I finally found the Lee Smith TTMs I'd gotten years ago. I thought I'd had 2, but it turned out there were 4! :eek: No '87 Topps, unfortunately ('86, '89 Topps, '90 Donruss and a '90 UD that he signed on the back, for some strange reason), but still a nice surprise. I'd probably trade a couple of them if I could get back any 87Ts of guys who charge $10 or so.

Now if I could just find the '87 Topps Marty Barrett I know I had. Wonder if I traded it and just don't remember...?