Aaron Rodgers 2005 Topps RC Value (And other "hot" cards)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

For those of us who don't have Beckett online, are there any other cards that are going crazy BV wise?

I'd be a little nervous about what I like to call the McGwire effect. Will these cards that are not at all rare and easy to acquire maintain their high value, or will they tumble back down to their real value the way Game Stop stock did?
I agree with you on the McGwire Effect (except I call it the Canseco Effect). At some point the pandemic will end, and the masses will move on to other interests, and things will settle. I think overall some cards may hold a higher value than before... some folks will stay in the hobby. The demographics are changing. But that's why I'm cashing in on these finds and essentially swapping them out for either cards I'm confident will hold and or increase in value, or nice stuff for my pc. I have zero confidence these raw base cards will hold this kind of value long term.

Additionally, with Topps going public, I'm afraid we'll see another production explosion like the 90's and just flood the market with more junk than is already there. Decisions will now be with shareholders and they only care about one thing.

Really what I would like to see is the door open to end the league exclusivity in the long term. I hate only one brand having rights for each league (MLB and NFL anyway).

That seems reasonable. What I'm bothered by for the last almost 30 years - and the reason I don't collect modern - is even if the card companies are not individually overproducing, there is such a proliferation of different companies and sub-releases that a given player ends up having 20 or more different RCs, which has the same overall effect of 200,000 RCs on the marketplace.

Agree there as well. I mean I like having more than 3 product options, but there has to be a happy medium in there between no variety and 5000 parallels, inserts, and garbage in every product.