About to dive in to a sea of baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My mistake I meant Topps Bowman Chrome. You don't need to be such an ass about an honest mistake. I didn't realize I left out the Bowman part in my comment.
I knew what you meant and already had it written down. I 'll be going next week and reporting back with my findings. If you're referring to me as being an ass, I was ust screwin around.. all in good fun. Apologies if it came across as anything else. :)

.....and as for the high horses you mentioned, I don;t have a baseball high horse. I am clueless. Only way I knew there wasnt a Topps Chrome is becasue I wanted to look at sales of it and it wasnt there. I saw the Bowman and assumed that must be the one. If we talk football, I might go to the stable and get my stallion, but no baseball high horsey for me. :LOL:

I knew what you meant and already had it written down. I 'll be going next week and reporting back with my findings. If you're referring to me as being an ass, I was ust screwin around.. all in good fun. Apologies if it came across as anything else. :)

.....and as for the high horses you mentioned, I don;t have a baseball high horse. I am clueless. Only way I knew there wasnt a Topps Chrome is becasue I wanted to look at sales of it and it wasnt there. I saw the Bowman and assumed that must be the one. If we talk football, I might go to the stable and get my stallion, but no baseball high horsey for me. :LOL:
It's all good, it's just when someone is joking or messing around one usually includes a LOL, LMAO or something to indicate that they are. It isn't possible to read anyone's facial expressions or body language online so when folks don't indicate that they're just fooling around it does 99% of the time get misconstrued as otherwise especially when the individuals involved don't know each other and have never met. Which is what happened in this case with you and one other person involved in this conversation of this post.

It's all good, it's just when someone is joking or messing around one usually includes a LOL, LMAO or something to indicate that they are. It isn't possible to read anyone's facial expressions or body language online so when folks don't indicate that they're just fooling around it does 99% of the time get misconstrued as otherwise especially when the individuals involved don't know each other and have never met. Which is what happened in this case with you and one other person involved in this conversation of this post.
Well yeah. That's all true and you are right, if we knew each other personally I would be ripping you apart for what you jjust said and we would both be laughing and then you'd say some heinous crap about my sister and I'd punch you and we'd get drunk, and then I'd say, "dude I'm drunk, but like what is the deal with this Troutg uy? I know nothing about baseball but here his name like he's a JJordan or Gretzky of baseball?!

Well yeah. That's all true and you are right, if we knew each other personally I would be ripping you apart for what you jjust said and we would both be laughing and then you'd say some heinous crap about my sister and I'd punch you and we'd get drunk, and then I'd say, "dude I'm drunk, but like what is the deal with this Troutg uy? I know nothing about baseball but here his name like he's a JJordan or Gretzky of baseball?!
LOL, now that's a gud'un right there. Don't know if you're serious about not knowing who Mike Trout is, but yes, it's safe to say you can reference him as if he's the Jordan or Gretzky of baseball. I'm just trying to get his rookie card into my collection of rookies that I have all ready, not having him in that collection would be like not having that Jordan or Kobey rookie cards in your basketball rookie collection.

LMK if you should come across him in that lady's husbands card collection you're going through please, I would be interested in possibly getting it from you.
Thanks and Merry Christmas to you and your entire family Bill C.

OK everyone... pplanning on going out there on Sunday. She lives about a 40 minute drive from me and is kinda out in the middle of nowhere I'm gonna spend about 8 hours going through stuff and I have my list with all your wants. Snow is in the forecast but is said to just be a little in the morning so shouldnt affect getting out there, but if it does, then it'll be one day next week. I'll report back with my findings.

OK everyone... pplanning on going out there on Sunday. She lives about a 40 minute drive from me and is kinda out in the middle of nowhere I'm gonna spend about 8 hours going through stuff and I have my list with all your wants. Snow is in the forecast but is said to just be a little in the morning so shouldnt affect getting out there, but if it does, then it'll be one day next week. I'll report back with my findings.
@shig its like a mystery.... what you are gonna find??

Hey everyone. So i went out and spent a day and those of you that I found some stuff for have gotten pm's from me. A lot of the time was spent sorting things by sport. Not only was there the baseball but loads of basketball and hockey with some racing and other car related cards and condition ome football inserts. Couldnt really get into the nitty gritty aside from some basketball because thsts what ended up taking up the majority of the space we were working with. Was supposed to go back yestrrday, but her and her son both have covid, so steering clear for a few.. and if you were interested in just a certain set in general pre 1985, it or lots of it is almost certainly there in the binders that are all old baseball. I didnt get to them. My ideas of being able to just have at it were kind of thwarted by her asking me to sort the other sports out too. What am i gonna do though? Cant say no. Anyway, when it's virus free next week i'll get back out there. In the meantime, if anyone has an interest in a couple stacks of assorted basketball and football refractors, or a McGwire topps rc I'm your man hahaha.

UPDATE!!

Hi everyone. First off, if you ever remember commenting in here, welcome back. I am so sorry this has been 2.5 months since I started this. Did not anticipate everything that would happen there and yeah, I won;t bore you with the details, and just give you the good news. Rather than go out to her place and go through stuff, I have been given permission to do it at home. So, I started two nights ago by bringing eleven 3200 and 5000 count boxes home. I'm going through stuff off and on and am going to post stuff Ive found. No specifics yet as I am still sorting and putting things aside. Things from peoples wants that I am coming across:

pre 1986 singles- so far the following years- 1972 73 78 79 81 82 83 84
assorted Bo Jackson
assorted Roger Clemens
assorted Griffey Jr
various mini sets (not sets but singles form sets)
refractors
oddball stuff (I've never been a baseball collector and now realize why "oddball" is a necessary category for you baseball people's cards haha
teams (there are of course teams in here, but a couple people vaaguely named teams and I need to know if it's any card of anyone for said team or just inserts, or....?)

This is all a very quick see whats what and do a quick kind of sort to get some order of a huge mess of cards, and it is just me here so I will be going as quick as I can and posting updates.

Only one of three people I have pivate messaged from the initial start of the thread have replied, so please chime in if you are still interested in stuff and state your interests again maybe. We'll get there in the end. I've just got to dig out of this first stack of boxes I've stacked around myself.

Last edited:
Current view from the corner Ive backed myself into while I work out a system here. 3/4 of the stuff is still in the garage. (There is more behind me but i cant turn around.)

Attachments

• 16467650835174969224943711163292.jpg
    16467650835174969224943711163292.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 16467651098592797477155282623653.jpg
    16467651098592797477155282623653.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 16467651471307790557205704151350.jpg
    16467651471307790557205704151350.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 164676516854418114564294867499.jpg
    164676516854418114564294867499.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 16467652887753912596960259999386.jpg
    16467652887753912596960259999386.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 14
I have a need list of 1973 Topps baseball in my sig if you find any of the ones I need, let me know!

Thanks,

Todd

I am still interested in baseball 2010 to 2013 and newer especially RC's. I would hope that you will go in the order of posts received first. I was #2 on the reply list so I hope to hear from you when your ready. thx Jim

Still interested in mini-'sized' cards, unclear in your writeup if that referred to a smaller # of cards in a set, or the size. I noted a Kelloggs 3D card in 1 of the photos. -- Jim

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online