added one to a "sub-collection" without even doing anything.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expos94

Prospect
Well of course, my main focus is the all-time Expos roster collection.... but within that I set myself some goals with "sub-collections".... one is to obtain a signed card from every Canadian to have played or coached for the Expos!

Today I added to that collection without having to do anything... Jim Fanning, who has lived in Canada for 43 years (more than half his life, he's 84), officially became a Canadian citizen today!

I got him TTM 4 years ago, he was one of the first ones I got in the collection... but today he also became a part of the Canadian collection.

the Fanning story: http://baseballhalloffame.ca/news/feature/fanning-added-to-canadas-roster/

Fanning_J.jpg

There are 6 Canadians still not scratched off my list (the ones not grayed out)

Pierre Arsenault (coach)
Bill Atkinson
Derek Aucoin
Denis Boucher
Rheal Cormier
Rob Ducey
Jim Fanning (coach – American with Canadian Citizenship)

Doug Frobel
Mike Gardiner
Shawn Hill
Mike Johnson
Randy Knorr (American with Canadian Citizenship)
Larry Landreth
Matt Maysey
Ron Piche (coach)
Claude Raymond
Joe Siddall
Matt Stairs

Dave Wainhouse
Larry Walker

Jim Fanning is an amazing person, he wrote me a nice letter when I wrote him.

he really is... I got to chat with him last summer at the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame... what a great guy!

He was great when he did the color for the Jays last year... it was just 1 weekend that he was back in the booth, but it was so great to hear his analysis and stories!

I gotta try him again. My 1st attempt brought back no return... yet anywayz..

well Seattle University and UTA(i live about 5 mins away from field) will both be joining the WAC next year. So if Seattle comes to town and he is still a coach, i'll go get him for you :)

well Seattle University and UTA(i live about 5 mins away from field) will both be joining the WAC next year. So if Seattle comes to town and he is still a coach, i'll go get him for you :)

If you don't mind... that would be great! Thanks for the offer! Maybe I'll send you a Wainhouse card just incase. :)