Advice for trading cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyCollects

Prospect
Hi everyone,

This is just a small rant but more like advice for trading cards with others. I had some bad experience with a fellow trader here but I'll not name any names here because I just want to move on.

I've bought and traded cards with so many people over several years but am still somewhat new to trading with card-forum members. I guess I'm still a newbie in that sense. I made a mistake assuming it's safe to send gift money to anyone with a long history of excellency and also assuming all card-forum members use delivery confirmation unless asked to use PWEs instead.

This trader did show me a postal receipt that he mailed my package out but without delivery confirmation, it isn't good enough. He could have written my street address wrong or something. This situation did teach me a lesson...and perhaps some of you as well...always ask for delivery confirmation no matter who the other trader is...no matter how good his feedback history is.

Same goes for sending gift money thru Paypal. I was just trying to save him $$ since it was a low-cost transaction. He did offer to refund it at first but I wanted to give ourselves more time for the package to show up but it never did. I was being a pushover...probably out of intimidation due to the fact he's a longtime member here and I am not. When I decided to ask for the refund at a later time so to see if he's sincere, he refused to. Ok, I decided to let that go and didn't leave him bad feedback (just not in my nature to be spiteful). Thought I'd share my experience with you guys & gals...so just be more cautious when you buy/trade with anyone here regardless of history.

Just wanted to make sure no one else ends up having a similar situation with someone like him in the future. Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.