Andre Dawson 1990 Donruss Aqueous Test #223 (Contest Winner Announced!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loyalty32

HOF
5.00 star(s)
***favreclemente42 Is The Contest Winner! He Guessed $5.00***

I have to be honest, I really wasn't sure that I would EVER actually own this card. Well, it's in hand now, so I guess I do! You won't believe how much I had to pay for it... If you want to guess though, *CLICK HERE* for the contest I'm running!

Thanks
Craig

-Andre Dawson 1990 Donruss Aqueous Test #223

AD1990DATSGC60B.jpg

AD1990DATSGC60F.jpg

I also got this as a throw in...

94SPPPADWB.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Craig!!! I just heard you mention that exact card in a post a few days ago! I didn't even know this set existed, it's always nice to add a tough one :D .

Very nice card, Craig! Phil Plantier was a heck of a player. That Aqueous isn't too shabby either. :p

Tai

We know each others history with this card all too well don't we? I need just 1 of the 2 Alvin Davis cards from this set still. I'm grateful to have the one believe me.

Craig - If you don't have a SC badge for the benchies for your Dawson collection every year, you should just pop a pic of that card in every post you create.
-Casey

Just for definition -
An aqueous coating is a fast-drying, water-based, protective coating which is applied in-line on press to attain a selection of finishes more economical price than varnish.

This clear coating provides a high gloss surface which protects the surface from dirt, smudges, fingerprints and scratch. Aqueous coating improves postcards durability as they go through mail or inserted in pockets. It is also applied on brochures, catalog covers, flyers and other visual ads.

Gots ta love da Google.
:)

hey , that's no fair.....if i'd known you got a phil plantier as part of the deal i'd have adjusted my guess in your contest !

just for kicks i decided to see how many were live on ebay right now ...i see the bill ripken nut (i know he's a member here and i use the word nut in the most amiable way possible) has a BUNCH available including one lot of 18 different (mostly graded) , another lot of 4 diamond kings , as well as singles of maddux (psa 8) , gwynn , yount , and molitor...i've never tracked them myself so i don't know if his opening bids are inflated or not but for what it's worth i saw that a gary carter sold at auction for $5.50 with $1 shipping this week...seems like a steal to me ....personally i'm tempted to chase the barry bonds closing tomorrow...

Jeremy - Thanks! I was very excited to find an authentic copy!

Tai - I almost quit collecting Dawson for Phil!

Ed - You ain't lying! We saved some money there didn't we?

BiggioDiogu759 - See post #9

siksyko - Thank you!

7guns - Thanks! I hope you find one soon!

Randy - Thank you!

Casey - Thank you! I appreciate the kind words! Thats for the google info!

cmcjr99 - It was just a freebie, your safe!

Thanks
Craig

*Don't forget to put your guess in for the contest everyone!

Hey Craig
That was a very nice get go. Glad you have added that to your fabulous collection. But wait to you see the one you are getting in the mail. Should be there tommorrow. It will lite up your collection. keep up the great work on your Hawk Man Collection
Hope to see you in Cooperstown next year for his induction to the Hall
Later
Tom

Awesome pick up! Picking up one of these impossible finds is what player collecting is all about. Congrats!