another bad apple on ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcjr99

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
i'll apologze in advance for the rant you're about to see but i figure letting others know about scammers may be worth the effort....

normally i HATE seeing people running to message boards screaming bloody murder ....ok , maybe that's being a bit overly dramatic.....more like screaming fake patches , fake autos , trimmed cards , or in this case shill bidding...

BUT , in this case i caught a seller red-handed....

last weekend i lost a 2-card lot ....both were serial numbered cards with the cards pictured and specific numbers posted in the listing....i didn't really think much about it at the time , but today when i was checking my daily search mails from ebay i saw the exact same lot listed again by the same seller...ok , no big deal - he may have had a non-paying bidder ....

i checked the bid history and the winner was a powerseller with 1566 feedback....a bit unusal that such an established seller would renege on a $3.00 deal but not unheard of.....then i noted that of his 137 bids in the past 30 days , 59% were on items from this same seller...again , not impossible , but a bit improbable.....

for the next step , i took a look at the feedback posted by the seller....quickly found a matching feedback score so i had an ID to check out....when i checked that one , another glaring fact stood out : both are from the same small town in north carolina....again , not a guarantee , but yet another strong piece of evidence....

looking further , the original seller posted positive feedback for this lot a little after 8pm et on december 3rd....this was approximately 4 hours after he had relisted the lot....

so far this all looks like it COULD be a string of coincidences....well , to be sure , i called ebay....the customer service rep took down all the info i had and i heard her comment (talking to herself instead of me at the time) that the two accounts in question had the same name.....just to be sure , when i overheard that i asked her and she confirmed to me that the two accounts had the same name and contact info....BAM....confirmed....one user buying and selling using two accounts....granted , she did tell me that (unless this is a second offense or worse) he will MOST LIKELY only receive a written warning , but at least that is better than nothing....

also , i now have two more user id's (patsfan9391 and greenrobin6954) that i have added to my blocked list and that i will never even consider buying from again....

I hate when sellers do this.. I was bidding on a Zito SuperFractor.. seller has now had it listed 3 times.. I have been outbid each time by a 0 FB buyer and seller claims they didnt pay.. but he offered to sell it to me at the price the NPB had won the card for....

anyway thanks for the heads up on the seller...

Christopher