another team collection question

majdic2136

4.90 star(s)
I just started a phillies collection and I was going to do 1 card of every player who ever played/managed them. but now I'm thinking I should do every phillies card from that year of topps...what do oyu guys think?

also where do you guys get the checklists for just team cards...i cant find them anywhere

daktion

5.00 star(s)
I have a collection like that with the Marlins.

The first thing I did was get the list of every player that has played for the team. Usually the team will list all the players under alumni section. Then I went to beckett.com and put each players name in the search bar, it will give you all the teams the player has played for that have cards.

scottzoe

5.00 star(s)
teamsets4u is a great reference. Beckett used to publish a team checklist book back in the 80s & 90s, you may be able to still find one around. Beckett.com is also useful. There are people on eBay who sell checklists too.
Scott

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
Interesting, I have never stumbled across this person. Good for him for capitalizing on this niche of collecting.

However, even given the professionalism and presentation, the price seems a bit much for basic Topps checklists! I was expecting something much more encompassing when I saw the listings at $20-25 delivered per team.

It seems that a number of people use my site WWWW.TEAMSETS4U.COM
If you are looking for a hard copy n2cardz makes a pretty good checklist
here is a link for his Phillies checklist.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HB-PHILLIES-1952-2010-TOPPS-TEAM-SET-CHECKLISTS-/350373929804?pt=US_Baseball