another team collection question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

majdic2136

Pro
4.90 star(s)
I just started a phillies collection and I was going to do 1 card of every player who ever played/managed them. but now I'm thinking I should do every phillies card from that year of topps...what do oyu guys think?

also where do you guys get the checklists for just team cards...i cant find them anywhere

I have a collection like that with the Marlins.

The first thing I did was get the list of every player that has played for the team. Usually the team will list all the players under alumni section. Then I went to beckett.com and put each players name in the search bar, it will give you all the teams the player has played for that have cards.

teamsets4u is a great reference. Beckett used to publish a team checklist book back in the 80s & 90s, you may be able to still find one around. Beckett.com is also useful. There are people on eBay who sell checklists too.
Scott

Interesting, I have never stumbled across this person. Good for him for capitalizing on this niche of collecting.

However, even given the professionalism and presentation, the price seems a bit much for basic Topps checklists! I was expecting something much more encompassing when I saw the listings at $20-25 delivered per team.

It seems that a number of people use my site WWWW.TEAMSETS4U.COM
If you are looking for a hard copy n2cardz makes a pretty good checklist
here is a link for his Phillies checklist.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HB-PHILLIES-1952-2010-TOPPS-TEAM-SET-CHECKLISTS-/350373929804?pt=US_Baseball