Anybody deal with Ebay seller bigboydsportscards3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r5-grnd-pndr

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Just curious. They always post these lot's with a real nice book value and people have paid a good amout, so I took a chance. Cards were not what I had imagined. Addvertized for $400.00 book and right now sitting at $75.00 three quarters the way through and many in poor shape.

Has anybody had experience with this seller?

I've seen those before but never purchased - they seem to always go for a fair bit, I wonder if there is some shilling involved. If you're not happy, contact the user and see if he will make it right. The way eBay policies are now - you have 99% of the power. You can return the item and he has to return the money.

Yeah, I contacted them and the said everything is on consignment and values are estimated. They didn't seem to supprized when I told them their $400.00 lot didn't get over $100.

I've never had any problems when I bought from them (have only bought singles, though). As mentioned before, the are notorious and blaringly obvious shill bidders so keep that in mind when you bid on their stuff. They will also pull phony book prices out of their butts and put them in the auction title. So if you bought a lot where the cards weren't specifically listed and the only thing you had to go on was their "book value", you should probably return it because the item was not as described.
Richard

I have purchased from them many times, but only singles. Never a bad experience, but I always knew what I was getting.

Good luck getting this sorted out.

How do you know that they are "shill" bidders on their own products? Making a public accusation like that without proof- concrete proof as that- seems like poor judgement.

In the past, and even currently, you would see the same bidder on 100's of auctions, but never win any. That is why some people say they have shill bidders.

File a complaint with Ebay. And yes, I've been shilled on their auctions in the past. Now I'm just extra careful about how I bid on their items.

I typically ignore his items and this thread has already explained why.

I have purchased from them several times and have always been happy with the transaction. I have always bid/won single card auctions, not lots. I agree that he places an inflated BV in his auction listing. It is misleading, but I just ignore it. I have been happy with the auctions that I have won from them and the service that they provide.

Barry Urbanek - PogoCards