Anyone concerned about baseball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dashcol

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
With talks pretty much stalled and the attempts from both sides at actually coming to an agreement leaves me concerned about the 2022 season.

We are already at the point where pitchers and catchers should be reporting and no movement. We are already going to lose some of Spring Training, potentially more of the MiLB season, and looking by like MLB season could be affected.

Are you guys starting to get concerned?

What do you think this would do to prices in the card market?

Do you think minor leaguers will be hurt most by losing out on the season and therefore losing a year of being able to get ready for the majors? This would delay their entry into MLB, and potentially their counting stats.

Do you think there will be a shift in collecting because of this?

Just looking for a good conversation on this, not a fight or argument.

The minor leagues will play, even though MLB doesn't want to pay them for minor league spring training.

Prices won't change too much. You have cards on the rise now, just from people investing. The card companies will be the downfall of the market, due to overproduction. History repeats itself.

After they come to an agreement, you will have a ton of free agents that have to sign, plus the Rule 5 Draft.

They stopped testing for steroids, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a surprising name get suspended once testing resumes.

They are setting themselves up for a big mess, especially with the only MLB thing in the news being the Tyler Skaggs trial about drugs in MLB.

After they come to an agreement, you will have a ton of free agents that have to sign, plus the Rule 5 Draft.

They stopped testing for steroids, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a surprising name get suspended once testing resumes.

They are setting themselves up for a big mess, especially with the only MLB thing in the news being the Tyler Skaggs trial about drugs in MLB.

The no PED testing is definitely worrisome. How many players knew that they would not be testing, so they spent all off season juicing and stopped with enough time to clear their tests. I am not sure how long it stays in your system, but I would imagine some have been doing this.

The drug scandal I think is also being under reported. The negotiations have overshadowed them.

As far as cards go, we’re you in the hobby during the last strike? It was the same thing, huge over production and then a strike. Card prices plummeted insanely fast. That is what I think we are headed to again this time if a deal isn’t struck soon. Even a one week delay in the season will have immense effects.

I'm concerned about baseball. With this type of behavior by the MLBPA and management, I expect that Baseball would lose some fans and stakeholders permanently. Supplier will find other ways to make money, Fans will be entertained by something else. There are too many options for entertainment, that Baseball should be concerned even without a strike.

There are too many stakeholders that will lose money if baseball isn't played. It's not just the players who don't get paid. To name a few, these industries will suffer; food, transportation, and sports. People do not want to wait out a delay. It's my opinion that Baseball has already lost some charm because of the talk of the strike.

Baseball cards will probably go up in price. If they have an excuse, they will use it. But given all the lost revenue a strike would cause, I can't see that happening. If there is a strike, they are a bunch of inconsiderate children.

I'm concerned about the new season! I would love to see a ballgame in San Francisco again.....Hoping to see the Dodgers vs. Giants.......so I can watch Albert Pujols! Best regards, David

I haven't paid any attention to the lockout until the last 2 days. Mostly because there is enough depressing news, I didn't need anymore.

The last day I've been watching Twitter A LOT, it seems like a deal could be reached. However lots of owners don't mind calling off games until school is out and the weather gets warmer.

I found out what a "ghost win" is. Get ready for a whole bunch of mediocre baseball in October.

Very depressing for sure but if it brings Franco and cards in general down well then i'll keep collecting..I never did like snow storms at Wrigley Field in april kinda felt sorry for the players..LOL. But it was standing room only so let's play ball!!!!

My $0.02 worth. I think everyone is way too greedy from ownership down to the players. It's turned into a big business and less sport. It's in all of the sports. The low people on the totem pole (Fans who attend games) are getting the shaft. A family just can't go out to any of these venues without costing an arm and a leg. It's almost like planning for a vacation. I pretty gave up on most of them a good while ago. The junk with football was the icing on the cake. I still think baseball will go on in some fashion and the card market won't be affected that much. Far less cost in most cases to collect than to go the games. Still a chance to social here.

HAGD Butch

I was looking for to watching them play........maybe later in the year in Sept?? Best regards, David PS I book a hotel for about 4 days and see a ball game in SF or Oakland. Get some walking in.....China Town....see the Bay area...eat at some of the food places....seafood is super fresh!

Well I have one fantasy league fold today. Which side is the GREEDIEST ?????
I just can't stand millionaires in a pissing contest.

Well I have one fantasy league fold today. Which side is the GREEDIEST ?????
I just can't stand millionaires in a pissing contest.

That stinks, I am in a few Dynasty leagues and considering we survived 2020, I think (hope) we will get past whatever happens this season.

That stinks, I am in a few Dynasty leagues and considering we survived 2020, I think (hope) we will get past whatever happens this season.
Its just sad!

We have been blessed as fans with some of the GREATEST athletes in this baseball era....

Instead we have "Hollywood" NFL and NBA taking precedence over BASEBALL! Suppose to be Americas Pastime!

Everything we've been dealing with the last few years, would be nice to have something to look forward to like a BASEBALL season...

Disappointed...

The amount of money that the owners want in revenue and the salaries that the players want to earn, equals higher ticket prices to the fan. I disagree with the players wanting the minimum salary raised. If you want more money, earn it on the field.......or hire Scott Boras as your agent, lol.... The next CBA meetings will have the players wanting another minimum salary raise. The players complain about matching inflation, shoot, I've been in the Navy for 21 years and I've never had an annual raise that met inflation! If I'm surviving on my high 5 digit salary, then a ball player making mid 6 digit figures should be able to survive. It's called living within your means.

Rant over,
Billy