Anyone else sick and tired of the B/S from BECKETT.COM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brazin

Pro
5.00 star(s)
570 Panhandle circle Maysville, Georgia 30558
I dont know about anyone else, but, I swore a long long time ago to not buy a Beckett Subscription and had an extra six dollars and decided that i'd give them another chance and what do you know..

ANOTHER EPIC FAIL from the leader or Sportscard Pricing. I swear to God there new site is the worst thing in all of internet site subscriptions. I couldve took six dollars and burnt it and wouldve received better results.

I typed in a simple "2009 topps" and some 70,000 results loaded minutes later with every dang card from topps. not only did I wait a minute for that crap to pull up but when I hit "baseball" between the sports, i had to sift through more crap to just get to 2009 topps base set, the basic topps not topps heritage or topps206 or topps attacx, just topps..

then, i look through the inserts option and BAM! the site pops up with a b/s
error right when i get to the page I need. 15 minutes of total crap from BECKETT.COM the worst choice I made today by far..actually its the worst decision I've made all year. whoever designed the new site completely ruined
what I liked and is on my Shh list as a person I could really despise.

Anyone else getting ripped?

I'm slowly moving around the Beckett site and still have minor problems....Major problem....they don't answer e-mail problems...waiting for over two weeks for a reply....nothing...so much for their customer service....had problems with the Beckett marketplace order.... at least.all of the major sellers know me.....placed 15 major orders in the last 30 days!!! Best regards, David

Serious question - how do I delete a folder in "my collections"? I think it's impossible! And I can't get an answer.

I agree that it's hard to navigate...very cumbersome, and it's not even free :p.

Another beef (if this is what the thread is for) is the discrepancies between the Hard Copy BVs and the online pricing...I've run into stuff that's off by 2-3x going one way or another - compare some of the "Unlisted RCs" out of 09 Unique for example.

Since they eliminated any and all free stuff and "improved" the site it's been horrible. I had almost 3,000 cards organized on there and when they revamped I lost my list. Kinda like you said, what knucklehead thought that maybe that would spur me to buy a subscription ? And, like you said, just to get a list of cards takes forever ! And pray their scripts and what not don't freeze up your computer.

I can't think of any reason I would pay for their service !

While there are still some glitches and the occasional error message, it is easy, if you take the time to learn how to use the site. And their search engine really is simple to use. Just get as detailed as possible. I pulled up a list of 2009 Topps baseball in less than 2 minutes. "2009 Topps" click 'baseball,' click 'main set' and scroll down past the admittedly annoying "pack" listings to 2009 Topps.

They have made some very good changes in the last couple of weeks. You can now add cards directly to a folder in your collection, or simply sent it to "Recently Added" and sort later.

They have re-introduced the check boxes, which makes adding cards a TON easier.

---

As to the question about deleting folders ... first, make sure you have emptied your folder, either by moving the cards to other collections or to the trash. If you delete the folder before emptying it, the cards will stay in your Organize, but they will be un-sorted. Just floating in space.

After emptying your folder, open your folder and look at the name. To the left of the folder title, you'll see a little cog symbol. Click on it, and you'll have the option to make your folder public, give it a colour code, or delete the collection entirely.

Last edited:
I'm not known for patience, but when I did have a subscription, after searching a few dozen times, it wasn't that bad.

I do have problems with the collections section, I know if I took time I could learn it, but over the years, it's seems that this could be alot easier.

It's basically a simple database, sorting the data. Hopefully, someone will come along and reinvent the wheel. Competion usually improves things, here's hoping.

Todd

HoosierBuddy is right, you have to be specific in your searches...............It can be a total pain in the rear end + frustrating at times................

Mike

I pulled up a list of 2009 Topps baseball in less than 2 minutes

2 minutes to pull up JUST 09 Topps ? And you think that's good ???

I could use someone like you to talk me down when I stand in line for JUST 10-15 minutes at the po ! :)

I said LESS THAN 2 minutes. And considering the fact that the OP was complaining about a 15 minute wait, less than 2 minutes isn't all that bad. Also considering I'm on a relatively slow laptop, and I live in the boonies, so my connection isn't the greatest in the world.

I guess my main point is this: like with anything else, it takes practice and patience. Did you hit a grand slam the first time you came up to bat in little league? Did you throw down your bat and complain that it was too hard to hit a baseball and someone needed to invent a new game with a bigger ball and slower pitching? Or did you practice hitting, and fielding, and all the other fundamentals of the game to improve and become a better player?

Last edited:
I hate to hear everyone else having trouble too even if its minor.
It'd be great if there was some competition to compete with
Beckett as that is one reason I believe they dont respond to
requests as there so "big" they dont have too.

My complaint still is that everytime I get a subscription it takes
longer to check a few items and the system fails on me and shuts me
out. I might only get 20-30 spare minutes to allocate for pricing and
if it dont work i got to jot it down as (idiot time).
I just remember the simple beckett, you'd pay for a subscription
click baseball type in a year and it'd pull up text of sets you'd click
the one you want and there you go! you could surf the checklist
make a transfer to your pc and that was it.

Now, dont get me wrong half the time I tried to get on, Beckett failed
then or was experiencing difficulties but, it was more efficient then as
to now. Anyone use the realtime subscriptions? I dont know exactly what there called but there based on Internet sales? Beckett does seem to be off
a bit with there pricing anything low numbered they wont price, but a 2010
jorge posada PITF apparently is worth 150.00 dollars because they spoke to
a dealer who said they sold one for that price.

dont know how they determine the value but seems heavily uniform in basics
of just placing 8,10, and 20 bv on game used and then going outrageous with
bv on certain cards and N/A on the one that should be focused on.
I seen a few realtime price guides as there based on Internet transactions
anyone ever used these?

This site is deff slow and bad but it does work. I'd rather have it then nothing, but I'd very much prefer another site.

There is nothing wrong with Beckett.com you just have to know how to navigate it..of course you are going to pull up 70,000+ 2009 Topps cards..since you only typed in "2009 topps" its going to pull up every single 2009 Topps brand issued card from baseball,football and basketball need to be more specific.

I have defended them more than just about anyone around here, because the system does have some pretty incredible tools in it. However, there are MAJOR flaws, most notably, the fact that it doesn't work about 20% of the time, and they don't seem to be doing anything to improve it.

I have actually toyed with the idea of starting a rival site with actual secondary market pricing because of it. I know, what a concept? A price guide that you can rely on because it reflects market prices instead of just setting prices where the card companies tell you to set them.

I think the site is a great help. From the way you describe your porblems,
it seems that you are not using the site correctly. When you are looking
for 2009 Topps, that's what you have to ask for. You can also ask for
an insert set such as Topps Gold just by asking for it.

As the last post said, patience & practice are the keys.

As someone who sells thousands of cards on my site, I use the OPG at Beckett 20+ hours a week. It is relatively easy to use once you learn the shortcuts. If you're looking for 2009 Topps Baseball, simply type that into the search box, then click on "Set" at the top. You'll then have a list of the various 2009 Topps sets on the left side (Topps, Topps Attax, Heritage, etc.) and click on Topps. At least on my computer, this takes no more than a minute.

The big frustration I do have with their site, though, is that they experience too many errors. I'd say no more than 5% of the time do I get these errors, but that's still something that should be fixed by now.

My "Organize" button has not been working for about 6 months, and they know about it, and they refuse to fix it.

Beckett

I said LESS THAN 2 minutes. And considering the fact that the OP was complaining about a 15 minute wait, less than 2 minutes isn't all that bad. Also considering I'm on a relatively slow laptop, and I live in the boonies, so my connection isn't the greatest in the world.

I guess my main point is this: like with anything else, it takes practice and patience. Did you hit a grand slam the first time you came up to bat in little league? Did you throw down your bat and complain that it was too hard to hit a baseball and someone needed to invent a new game with a bigger ball and slower pitching? Or did you practice hitting, and fielding, and all the other fundamentals of the game to improve and become a better player?

I just tried it, took me less than 25 seconds from sign on to complete 2010 topps list--can't hardly complain about that.