anyone here uses comc?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droubaysports

BANNED
5.00 star(s)
BANNED
there are 2 cards i need from them and do not wat to join to get.. anyone here feel like helping me out?

Last edited:
I'll do it

But curious, why not just join the site ?

EDIT: Interesting.......I've bought cards there before but just went thewre and it appears I don't have an account. Maybe you don't need an account ? I don't remember how it worked.

At any rate, send me an email at [email protected] with links and I'll scoop em up for you when I get home tonight (around 10pm est).

Alan

Last edited:
Well, now I know why I don't have an account. If you have a paypel account you don't have to join comc. Just put items in shopping cart, go to cart, click on the pay with paypal link............

i think im going to start using this site...i've heard that you can get things so much cheaper on there than ebay

You do not have to join to buy. You do have to join to make offers on the items though, which is where you get the good deals.

On a side note, do they still have discounted shipping on Black friday? I'd use the site, but the shipping seems a little too high.

Last edited:
On a side note, do they still have discounted shipping on Black friday? I'd used the site, but the shipping seems a little too high.

The fees, or whatever they are, do seem high...................I only "pull the trigger" on cards that I really need to finish sets.....................

I like COMC because you can purchase cards and they will hold them until you are ready to have them shipped (cuts down on shipping costs).

I bought at asking price for a long time and then came upon a card I wanted to offer on, so I joined. I ended up buying about 100 cards before the Black Friday shipping discount day last year. It was mostly cheap, common player certified autos. I got most people to take half off the asking price. A few won't deal, but many do.

If you want to pay the asking price (sometimes that is still a deal), then just buy away.

I wonder if they have other lump discount shipping days? I have about 30-40 cards now that I would like to deliver, but feeling cheap and want to pay less than what they are asking, but I'd hate to have to wait until November! May have to bite the bullet and pay the bulk rate anyway.

I bought at asking price for a long time and then came upon a card I wanted to offer on, so I joined. I ended up buying about 100 cards before the Black Friday shipping discount day last year. It was mostly cheap, common player certified autos. I got most people to take half off the asking price. A few won't deal, but many do.

If you want to pay the asking price (sometimes that is still a deal), then just buy away.

I wonder if they have other lump discount shipping days? I have about 30-40 cards now that I would like to deliver, but feeling cheap and want to pay less than what they are asking, but I'd hate to have to wait until November! May have to bite the bullet and pay the bulk rate anyway.

How much were they charging in Nov.? It looks like they recently switched their postage and $3.99 for the first 10 cards still is pretty steep and then
.20 for each card after that. I know you'd spend a lot more off the bay for shipping if you bought each card at a time, but that still seems a bit high.

with what I chase I don't worry about deals and it looks liek to make an offer you need to deposit money which won't happen

cmoc did recently (last couple days) change their shipping rates. still high but we all know alot of places make a few extra cents in that department. and another thing shipping is slow from them too. seems to take forever anymore. the bigger they get the more issues are coming up. also if your going to bid on cards then you will have to "join" the site. and sometimes it best to have a place to equally judge price on a card thats whats nice about both sites.

They had a Black Friday weekend special. I am not sure of the exact rate, but it was much less than their normal rates. I want to say it was around $10 for what I had shipped. High when you consider all cards are coming from the same spot, but as it has been pointed out, getting all of the singles from individual sellers would kill you on s/h. I guess it's worth it to pay more that way.

How much were they charging in Nov.? It looks like they recently switched their postage and $3.99 for the first 10 cards still is pretty steep and then
.20 for each card after that. I know you'd spend a lot more off the bay for shipping if you bought each card at a time, but that still seems a bit high.

I do buy from COMC occasionally and agree that their shipping-cost policies need some fixing...especially for commons that keep accumulating over there.

While they do provide decent scans, there is stiill a concern about condition. One time I bought a Diamond Kings GU/auto #ed to 10 and it showed up with two deep "tire tracks" from top to bottom. I went back to see the scan but couldn't detect the flaws. Ugh. I don't think the staff will take time to look closer for condition issues for you so it's pretty much a gamble for you.

I like comc on the prices but the shipping is a bit high. I usually try to get at least 3 cards everytime I use comc because of the shipping charges.

I'm a seller on COMC. I started by just sending in 80 cards all with a BV of $10 or better.

Here's my account, in case anyone is interested: http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/ThreeLions

From a buyer's perspective there are some great deals on there, and I don't really use the "Make An Offer" option that much. Shipping is expensive but, as has been pointed out, it is still much cheaper than buying individual cards from multiple sellers on auction sites. It's going to cost me about $9 to have 42 cards shipped to me using bulk rate. May as well round it out to 50 before requesting shipping.

DAVE

I think COMC really should become a sponsor on The Bench considering all of the free advertising they get from members here. :rolleyes:

I have had nothing but top-notch service from COMC. Never had a hitch at all in the 7+ bulk shipments i've requested. I've also sent in a lot, had it listed, made some cash on it (investment expense + profit) THEN turned all of the remaining "junk" into another 300 bucks on a port sale.

Needless to say, when I have more time, I will be listing more and more.

There is NOwhere else that even comes close as far as the sheer amount of cards in an easily searchable environment. I can buy all the Rice I need, the only issue you run into is people not willing to come off their price. They can sit there, they will eventually sell them to me...I am in no rush.

Cory