Anyone see this? 2010 Topps Abe Lincoln Variation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pretty cool variation, I wonder how much these will fetch.

Thanks for posting here. I didn't get a chance to do it myself.

This is one of the reasons I'm thinking about getting out of the Hobby....Even the regular base sets from Topps are becomng a pain in the butt to complete, not to mention the pain in my wallet....Why can't they just make a set witout these SPs and so-called errors....I have not been able to put a full set together since 2005.
2006 has the 4 variations of Alex Gordon, plus a couple of others

2007 has some NO SIG cards (not so tough to get), but in the Update set you have the Squirrel card and the Joba Chamberlain variations

2008 you have the Johan Santana #661, Red Border Gulianni card, and the upside down cards in the update set (Bruan, Bruce, Fukodome)

2009-- all of those SP cards of the old time players

2010-- Abe Lincoln on the wall?

Its more of a scavenger hunt now....It is taking the fun out of set building for me personally, partly my fault though because in my mind the set is not complete unless I have those "other" cards

I will definitely be checking to see if I have that version.

Agree with greatdad that the SP's and other variations are a pain in the butt. I consider my Topps base sets to be done when I have all the base cards, not ALL the cards. At some point in my life when I have more time and/or money, maybe I will go searching for ALL the cards, but until than, I am perfectly happy with the "base" set.

I just buy the complete factory set and call it a day. I've got all the Topps sets back to '73 completed, just working on upgrades. I'm also working on 1970-1972. I don't even bother messing with the newer Topps sets anymore.
This is one of the reasons I'm thinking about getting out of the Hobby....Even the regular base sets from Topps are becomng a pain in the butt to complete, not to mention the pain in my wallet....Why can't they just make a set witout these SPs and so-called errors....I have not been able to put a full set together since 2005.

2007 has some NO SIG cards (not so tough to get), but in the Update set you have the Squirrel card and the Joba Chamberlain variations

2008 you have the Johan Santana #661, Red Border Gulianni card, and the upside down cards in the update set (Bruan, Bruce, Fukodome)

Its more of a scavenger hunt now....It is taking the fun out of set building for me personally, partly my fault though because in my mind the set is not complete unless I have those "other" cards

Don't forget the 2007 Update Ellsbury SP.

Another dumb Topps gimmick.

Some of the photos in these newer Topps cards are pretty neat, especially the action shots. However, all the artificial SPs and variations are a huge turnoff for me and I don't even buy new cards anymore! If I did, it would irritate me to no end.

Another dumb Topps gimmick.

Some of the photos in these newer Topps cards are pretty neat, especially the action shots. However, all the artificial SPs and variations are a huge turnoff for me and I don't even buy new cards anymore! If I did, it would irritate me to no end.

Sadly....in 2010, you can't collect a single MLB set without a gimmick...it's all Topps - take it or leave it :p.

I understand why Topps does it, but I feel they are starting to milk it a bit too much.

OK, I admit it, I do not know how The 16th President of the US and a (IMO) MLB player with an attitude who never lived up to his potential are related?

Tal

OK, I admit it, I do not know how The 16th President of the US and a (IMO) MLB player with an attitude who never lived up to his potential are related?

Tal

I've read elsewhere that there is some sort of connection between Lincoln and the original Milton Bradley (of board game fame).

Robert

The most disappointing thing I have found with Topps this year is that you don't get any real bang for your buck with regard to inserts. Give me some innovation instead of a tired Turkey Red and reprint sets, Topps Town, Topps Attax (Whatever the hell that is), some $8 autos and game used that I can't sell for $2 delivered on ebay, and some weird manufactured patches. Even the concepts of the inserts are ok, with the history of the game cards, and the old/new stars, but give me some holofoil or die cut, or thickness or something. 90% of the new inserts just look like base cards.