Anyone sold on Checkoutmycards.com?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

premium1981

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Got a quick question or two that I was hoping someone can answer about checkoutmycards.com .

1.) Is the $.15 per card a flat fee per card, per order? I saw that, and also saw a $3 per "batch" fee. Just wondering what the total cost was.

2.) Does the seller have to pay shipping too? Under fees it says $.25 per card after the first one. That is what the buyer pays, but it is listed under seller fees. Does that have to be paid too?

3.) Do you pay paypal fees if that is the payment used by the buyer?

4.) Are there any other fees involved? Do they take a commision or anything?

Hopefully someone can answer these questions. I was thinking about sending a large order of cards in that were just sitting around. $.15 per card just seems too cheap if you compare it to ebay fees and paypal fees. Thanks!

1) The $.15 is the flat fee per card in the batch that you send in, plus a $3 batch fee. I believe a batch can be up to 500 cards.

2) The buyer pays the shipping fee. The seller only needs to pay shipping if you want to get your cards that you sent in to sell back

3) There are no paypal fees. Everything is done through store credit.

4) There are no fees if you use the store credit you earn to buy other cards on their site, or if you use the money you earn on the site to buy gift certificates to blowoutcards. If you want to cash out your store credit, they take a 25% cut.

Hope that helps
Dan

1) The $.15 is the flat fee per card in the batch that you send in, plus a $3 batch fee. I believe a batch can be up to 500 cards.

2) The buyer pays the shipping fee. The seller only needs to pay shipping if you want to get your cards that you sent in to sell back

3) There are no paypal fees. Everything is done through store credit.

4) There are no fees if you use the store credit you earn to buy other cards on their site, or if you use the money you earn on the site to buy gift certificates to blowoutcards. If you want to cash out your store credit, they take a 25% cut.

Hope that helps
Dan

Thanks for the information! That helps a lot.

20% cut if you cash out, not 25%. As soon as my Sportlots sales money comes in, I intend to ship off about 50 cards to COMC to try them out.

Thanks David, didnt see this post when I made my thread

.15 cents is a good deal, unless of course the cards just sit there and never sell....

I've got to imagine 90% of people's inventories do nothing but make the site money...the 1c storage fee is a bit ridiculous considering they reject cards they don't think will sell anyways.

If you've got stuff people need, I could see it coming in very handy and being profitable...SP's for heritage, etc.

However, if they charge a fee to list, scan, and store....why not let people cash out without another fee? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering once they're in the system the overhead can't be that great.

I've bought cards on there and the selection is pretty good...............S/H is kind of a joke, but otherwise not too bad.................I never pay more than 40% of what the card is worth, high BV..............It's also good if you need 1 card to finish a set.................

Mike

I have over 800 transactions on ebay and bought/sold over 10,000 cards on Naxcom/Sportsbuy....but now, checkoutmycards.com is a no-brainer for selling my extra cards...

Keep in mind that as a seller all you do is send them their cards and add your prices once the cards are listed...no more postage, supplies, trips to the PO, customer service, etc etc etc...All of this is well worth 0.15/card plus 20%...compare it to any other buy/sell site and be sure to include your time, comc will come out well ahead.

COMC runs monthly promotions for sellers (i.e discounted listing fees for certain sports, brands, players, etc) as well as buyers (bulk shipping during the last week of the month, etc), so even better deals are available for those with a little patience.

I have been selling on COMC for a little over 8 months...I have sold 912 cards so far...I have also purchased over 300 cards and have absolutely no complaints with either service.

I should mention that I have the convenience of living close to COMC headquarters and have met several of their employees as well as Tim, the owner. Each and every one of them are extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Not only that, but their company has grown in every consecutive quarter since opening their doors.

I plan on sending several thousand more cards in the coming months.

ive bought a few lots on there for cards i need, usually go for the ones that are 70-90% off for now, the shipping and handling may be a little high, but i figure for what i got in value, im way head

rob

I have over 800 transactions on ebay and bought/sold over 10,000 cards on Naxcom/Sportsbuy....but now, checkoutmycards.com is a no-brainer for selling my extra cards...

Keep in mind that as a seller all you do is send them their cards and add your prices once the cards are listed...no more postage, supplies, trips to the PO, customer service, etc etc etc...All of this is well worth 0.15/card plus 20%...compare it to any other buy/sell site and be sure to include your time, comc will come out well ahead.

COMC runs monthly promotions for sellers (i.e discounted listing fees for certain sports, brands, players, etc) as well as buyers (bulk shipping during the last week of the month, etc), so even better deals are available for those with a little patience.

I have been selling on COMC for a little over 8 months...I have sold 912 cards so far...I have also purchased over 300 cards and have absolutely no complaints with either service.

I should mention that I have the convenience of living close to COMC headquarters and have met several of their employees as well as Tim, the owner. Each and every one of them are extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Not only that, but their company has grown in every consecutive quarter since opening their doors.

I plan on sending several thousand more cards in the coming months.

Ive bought from them a few times and been very happy. Yes the shipping is kinda high, but I just wait to consolidate purchases and its OK (basically the same as buying cards from 2 separate people on Ebay). Ive found it to be a nice source for low to mid-value cards- not commons, but numbered cards, parallels and so on...

My concern was with my cards just sitting there forever and ever and not selling. Its good to know that you have been able to sell your stuff and that you have been happy as a seller

I appreciate the help and will send in my stuff soon

thanks
Alex

I don't plan on sending in junk, and I do not plan on over pricing my cards. So I personally feel like it is going to be a better option than ebay/other places for mid-range cards. Especially if they are newer releases or lower serial numbers. I am going to be sending a batch in Friday to try them out. Thanks for all the input and opinions. I will let you all know in a month or so what I think about it. :)

Just as an update, I have been selling on COMC this week, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Cards have been moving super fast and I made some great "flips" so far. After being a buyer, and now a seller, I would highly recommend it to anyone. Almost every time I log on I have cards that have sold. Be ready for Black Friday as well. They will probably be doing their flat rate shipping again. That way you can take advantage of all of the cheap cards and not have to worry about the shipping fees. 2 Thumbs Way Up!

I love buying from there, I can usually get Ripken cards for around 15-20% BV.

I've been considering selling for a while. What kind of cards are you selling? Base, inserts, GU? What % do you typically sell them for?

I love buying from there, I can usually get Ripken cards for around 15-20% BV.

I've been considering selling for a while. What kind of cards are you selling? Base, inserts, GU? What % do you typically sell them for?

I have a little bit of everything listed, and my cards average about 90% off book. I have some good cards listed with great prices. Most of mine listed are the cheapest on the site. ;) I bought a couple ports extremely cheap, so I am passing the savings along.

I have a little bit of everything listed, and my cards average about 90% off book. I have some good cards listed with great prices. Most of mine listed are the cheapest on the site. ;) I bought a couple ports extremely cheap, so I am passing the savings along.

Hmmm, do you have a link to your stuff?

Hmmm, do you have a link to your stuff?

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/premium1981

There you go. You can sort by highest percentage off if you use the drop down on the left. I will have a lot of my stuff posting in the next week. Most of what I have listed was from me buying a couple of other people out. I got an amazing deal and that also kept me from having to pay any listing fees. So my savings get passed on.:) Also, you can buy things and wait to ship them. If they are going to do the flat rate shipping next weekend I would wait and get everything shipped then. You can really clean up when you do not have to pay the extra shipping costs.

Are they changing the way the charge for shipping? "flat rate" or is the just a special or will it be full time?

Christopher