anyone wanna help boot this ebay seller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ebay doesn't like it when you try to get around their auction fees, report him and they should take care of it.

Ebay doesn't like it when you try to get around their auction fees, report him and they should take care of it.

I was about to say the same thing. Why not blantantly describe how you are going to circumvent the rules, Dumas.

Todd

Whats the difference if he charges $2 for the card and $44 for shipping, or $44 for the card and $2 shipping? Isnt it the same thing?

By charging high shipping fees, he is getting around the ebay final value fees. Since he expects the item to sell for less than $1.00 and have the winner pay the $44.99 shipping costs, he will only be paying the FVF on $1.00 instead of $44.99.

Assuming he ships the card in a bubble mailer, his shipping costs should be around $2.00, not $45.

I love to watch these types of conversations start with all the ebay fee bashers. Do you think ebay is letting you sell your stuff on their expensive, highly visible and popular website for free?

WHY WOULD YOU NOT EXPECT TO HAVE TO PAY TO USE THEIR SITE FOR YOUR OWN FINANCIAL GAIN?

If people think the fees are too much, there are other options. Will you get as much for your items elsewhere? Maybe...but probably not. Like anything, the company will push for higher and more varied fees until the market won't support those fees. In ebay's case, they would need to see a similar competitor who could give sellers the same exposure and expected results. That won't happen overnight, if ever (just ask Yahoo auctions). Ebay exploited an underdeveloped market at the right time and grew into something that may never be equaled.

Thats true.

Ebay has a ton of fees.

And to toss out my opinion about the seller in the above link, the only word that comes to mind is idiot. Yes, there is a loophole that ebay has tried to close, but why openly admit to what you are doing and why, which is a DIRECT VIOLATION of stated policies.

I love to watch these types of conversations start with all the ebay fee bashers. Do you think ebay is letting you sell your stuff on their expensive, highly visible and popular website for free?

WHY WOULD YOU NOT EXPECT TO HAVE TO PAY TO USE THEIR SITE FOR YOUR OWN FINANCIAL GAIN?

If people think the fees are too much, there are other options. Will you get as much for your items elsewhere? Maybe...but probably not. Like anything, the company will push for higher and more varied fees until the market won't support those fees. In ebay's case, they would need to see a similar competitor who could give sellers the same exposure and expected results. That won't happen overnight, if ever (just ask Yahoo auctions). Ebay exploited an underdeveloped market at the right time and grew into something that may never be equaled.

Thank you for stating exactly how I feel... and I also reported the seller....

This should be a sticky.

And to toss out my opinion about the seller in the above link, the only word that comes to mind is idiot. Yes, there is a loophole that ebay has tried to close, but why openly admit to what you are doing and why, which is a DIRECT VIOLATION of stated policies.

Very sad...with so many people reporting this - it's still there AND the seller states CLEARLY "PLEASE NOTE: the "shipping fee" is for the price of this card including shipping, just trying to save on final auction fees. So, I expect this listing to end for the $0.01 bid, up to a few dollars more, plus the $44.99 "shipping fee." "

This should be a sticky.

Done :D

images.jpg

This is the 1st time I've noticed this, have seen $8 shipping, which I figured was to make up some of money if item onlly sold for .99 or whatever. But this is just blatantly saying I want X $$ for this card and I want to pay ebay nothing for getting my card in front of thousands of people. Too say the least I hope he is getting bad feedback on his postage fees.:eek:

IMO, the system will work itself out naturally with low seller DSRs and higher fees as a result. People who try to take shortcuts often end up paying more in the end.

On a side note, doesn't eBay offer discounts on FVFs if a seller offers free shipping? To me, that's the best bet besides attracting more hits to the listing.