August Hit Streak Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

And away we go....we only have 12 participants for the August version. Hopefully that number will bump up for the final edition in September. By my count, we have 3 takers on the side bet (jaybo374, chieftazmisty, david k.).

Through 6 days...no one takes a seat. The only strike picked up (for the second straight day) is a DNP, thank you Paul Goldschmidt. So stressful to have to play 1st base every day.....

Three Strikes - anglinomics, cardcollector01, rhauch, benski3, chieftazmisty*

Two Strikes - greatdadx2, mrknicks, topaz77

One Strike - katester44, jaybo374*, tennelsson55, david k.*

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 4:05pm, please have your pick in by then. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

Once the contest is complete, I will post up all side bets. Good luck to everyone.

And away we go....we only have 12 participants for the August version. Hopefully that number will bump up for the final edition in September. By my count, we have 3 takers on the side bet (jaybo374, chieftazmisty, david k.).

Through 7 days...fortunately no DNP's, but a couple of strikes were picked up and one more participant heads to the bench. Just can't shake those guys with asterisks!!!!

Three Strikes - anglinomics, cardcollector01, rhauch, benski3, chieftazmisty*, greatdadx2

Two Strikes - tenellson55 mrknicks, topaz77

One Strike - katester44, jaybo374*, david k.*

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 1:05pm, please have your pick in by then. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

Once the contest is complete, I will post up all side bets. Good luck to everyone.

Through 9 days...fortunately no DNP's, but a couple of strikes were picked up and one more participant heads to the bench. Just can't shake those guys with asterisks!!!!

Three Strikes - anglinomics, cardcollector01, rhauch, benski3, chieftazmisty*, greatdadx2, tennellson55

Two Strikes - david k*, mrknicks, topaz77

One Strike - katester44, jaybo374*

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 7:10pm, please have your pick in by then. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

Through 10 days...No one picks up a strike, a perfect day for the pickers. Just can't shake those guys with asterisks!!!!

Three Strikes - anglinomics, cardcollector01, rhauch, benski3, chieftazmisty*, greatdadx2, tennellson55

Two Strikes - david k*, mrknicks, topaz77

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 7:07pm (can anyone tell me why Toronto home games start at :07? Has to be a marketing deal with someone or something?), please have your pick in by then. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

Through 11 days...Goldschmidt strikes again and sends another one to the bench. Everyone else just keeps chugging along....Just can't shake those guys with asterisks!!!!

Three Strikes - anglinomics, cardcollector01, rhauch, benski3, chieftazmisty*, greatdadx2, tennellson55, mrknicks

Two Strikes - david k*, topaz77

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 3:40pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

Through 12 days...We send one more to the bench - but if you are going to go, might as well be as part of a no hitter!

Three Strikes - anglinomics, cardcollector01, rhauch, benski3, chieftazmisty*, greatdadx2, tennellson55, mrknicks, david k.*

Two Strikes - topaz77

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 12:10pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

Through 13 days...Perfect day for the three remaining participants.

Three Strikes - anglinomics, cardcollector01, rhauch, benski3, chieftazmisty*, greatdadx2, tennellson55, mrknicks, david k.*

Two Strikes - topaz77

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 4:10pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

I have an idea of how to combat the DNP's that plague this contest. I am going to give it a trial run in September. Prior to the start of the contest, you will be able to pick a DH to use for the duration of the month - if there is a game in which your pick for the day is a DNP (must sit on bench entire game, no pinch hitting, etc. or if the game is a rainout/weather suspension), your DH will be your chosen hitter for that day. The only caveat is that if you pick a player to be your DH for the month, you can't use him as a daily selection. Hopefully that will increase the length of streaks and help cut down on the number of strikes earned without a chance.

Through 14 days...The dreaded DNP strikes again...all 3 remaining participants still alive though.

Two Strikes - jaybo374*, topaz77

One Strike - katester44

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 1:07pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

I have an idea of how to combat the DNP's that plague this contest. I am going to give it a trial run in September. Prior to the start of the contest, you will be able to pick a DH to use for the duration of the month - if there is a game in which your pick for the day is a DNP (must sit on bench entire game, no pinch hitting, etc. or if the game is a rainout/weather suspension), your DH will be your chosen hitter for that day. The only caveat is that if you pick a player to be your DH for the month, you can't use him as a daily selection. Hopefully that will increase the length of streaks and help cut down on the number of strikes earned without a chance.

Through 15 days...The dreaded DNP strikes again...and now there are just 2 remaining.

Three Strikes - anglinomics, cardcollector01, rhauch, benski3, chieftazmisty*, greatdadx2, tennellson55, mrknicks, david k.*, topaz77

Two Strikes - jaybo374*

One Strike - katester44

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 1:07pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

In the unlikely event that your host wins the contest (hasn't happened in almost 4 years) - I will hold a random number selection for all of this months entrants to win the free cards.

Through 16 days...Both remaining participants get hits on Sunday.

Three Strikes - anglinomics, cardcollector01, rhauch, benski3, chieftazmisty*, greatdadx2, tennellson55, mrknicks, david k.*, topaz77

Two Strikes - jaybo374*

One Strike - katester44

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 7:05pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

In the unlikely event that your host wins the contest (hasn't happened in almost 4 years) - I will hold a random number selection for all of this months entrants to win the free cards.

Through 17 days...Both remaining participants get hits on Monday.

Two Strikes - jaybo374*

One Strike - katester44

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 7:05pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

Through 18 days...On it goes...Both remaining participants get hits on Tuesday.

Two Strikes - jaybo374*

One Strike - katester44

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 1:05pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.