August Hit Streak Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

And away we go....we only have 12 participants for the August version. Hopefully that number will bump up for the final edition in September. By my count, we have 3 takers on the side bet (jaybo374, chieftazmisty, david k.).

Through 19 days...On it goes...Both remaining participants get hits on Wednesday.

Three Strikes - anglinomics, cardcollector01, rhauch, benski3, chieftazmisty*, greatdadx2, tennellson55, mrknicks, david k.*, topaz77

Two Strikes - jaybo374*

One Strike - katester44

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 7:05pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

Once the contest is complete, I will post up all side bets. Good luck to everyone.

I have an idea of how to combat the DNP's that plague this contest. I am going to give it a trial run in September. Prior to the start of the contest, you will be able to pick a DH to use for the duration of the month - if there is a game in which your pick for the day is a DNP (must sit on bench entire game, no pinch hitting, etc. or if the game is a rainout/weather suspension), your DH will be your chosen hitter for that day. The only caveat is that if you pick a player to be your DH for the month, you can't use him as a daily selection. Hopefully that will increase the length of streaks and help cut down on the number of strikes earned without a chance.

In the unlikely event that your host wins the contest (hasn't happened in almost 4 years) - I will hold a random number selection for all of this months entrants to win the free cards.

And away we go....we only have 12 participants for the August version. Hopefully that number will bump up for the final edition in September. By my count, we have 3 takers on the side bet (jaybo374, chieftazmisty, david k.).

Through 20 days...On it goes...Both remaining participants get hits on Thursday.

Three Strikes - anglinomics, cardcollector01, rhauch, benski3, chieftazmisty*, greatdadx2, tennellson55, mrknicks, david k.*, topaz77

Two Strikes - jaybo374*

One Strike - katester44

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 4:05pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

Once the contest is complete, I will post up all side bets. Good luck to everyone.

I have an idea of how to combat the DNP's that plague this contest. I am going to give it a trial run in September. Prior to the start of the contest, you will be able to pick a DH to use for the duration of the month - if there is a game in which your pick for the day is a DNP (must sit on bench entire game, no pinch hitting, etc. or if the game is a rainout/weather suspension), your DH will be your chosen hitter for that day. The only caveat is that if you pick a player to be your DH for the month, you can't use him as a daily selection. Hopefully that will increase the length of streaks and help cut down on the number of strikes earned without a chance.

In the unlikely event that your host wins the contest (hasn't happened in almost 4 years) - I will hold a random number selection for all of this months entrants to win the free cards.

Through 21 days...On it goes...Both remaining participants get hits on Friday.

Two Strikes - jaybo374*

One Strike - katester44

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 4:05pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

This is turning into a very competitive month. At the rate you're going, you won't get a third strike until sometime in September. BTW, nice pick today of Prince Fielder. Good luck.

Through 23 days...The contestants are now even with two strikes apiece....As another DNP rises up to bite your host. Seriously, how strenuous is 1st base??? Especially in the AL where you can DH. Is swinging a bat three times every 45 minutes to an hour that difficult that you need days off???

Two Strikes - katester44, jaybo374*

One Strike - NONE

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 2:05pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

i love the idea. i wish that were in place when we had previous guesses. hopefully this will extend the contests even further.

as for the battle this month, it's great to see long and extended guessers! hopefully you both tie so that you both win :) good luck!

Through 24 days...The contestants are now even with two strikes apiece....Both remaining participants get hits on Monday. I am beginning to think that Jaybo is actually Marty McFly and was sent from the future with a sports almanac!!!

One Strike - NONE

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 7:05pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

Through 24 days...The contestants are now even with two strikes apiece....Both remaining participants get hits on Monday. I am beginning to think that Jaybo is actually Marty McFly and was sent from the future with a sports almanac!!!
It seems that you too have this power. Great contest this month. Good luck.

Too you as well, we both may need it - Granderson and Marte are both 0-3 through 6 innings in their respective games.

Marte's game is over and he went 0-4. Granderson's game is still going on but he's 0-3. What happens if he does not get a hit in the top of the 9th?

Marte's game is over and he went 0-4. Granderson's game is still going on but he's 0-3. What happens if he does not get a hit in the top of the 9th?

It is sudden death - first person to pick correctly while the other one misses is the winner. If we both miss, we pick again. If we both hit, we pick again.

Through 25 days...Everyone now has 3 strikes and it is sudden death. Pick each day until one gets it right and one gets it wrong. Shocking that we went 24 days and had 4 strikes total and than each get one on the same day...

One Strike - NONE

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 12:35pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

Last edited:

Through 26 days...Everyone now has 3 strikes and it is sudden death. Pick each day until one gets it right and one gets it wrong. Shocking that we went 24 days and had 4 strikes total and than each get one on the same day...Both remaining participants get it right on Wednesday.

One Strike - NONE

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 12:35pm. Contest is closed - no more entries at this point.

In the unlikely event that your host wins the contest (hasn't happened in almost 4 years) - I will hold a random number selection for all of this months entrants to win the free cards. And in the unlikely event that this pushes to the 31st - if we are still going on the 31st - I will declare it a draw. Jaybo374 will win the cards and the side bet will be a push. I will have the September contest posted by this weekend.

Through 27 days...We FINALLY have a winner!!! Nelson Cruz got a hit for me and there was no pick from Jaybo374. So I will be holding a raffle for the 11 other participants (not including myself) to give away the cards for this month. Please pick a number between 1 and 11 - I will post the winner once the number is called. Thanks and will get September up and running ASAP.

Three Strikes - anglinomics, cardcollector01, rhauch, benski3, chieftazmisty*, greatdadx2, tennellson55, mrknicks, david k.*, topaz77, jaybo374*

Two Strikes - katester44

One Strike - NONE

No Strikes - NONE

In the unlikely event that your host wins the contest (hasn't happened in almost 4 years) - I will hold a random number selection for all of this months entrants to win the free cards. And in the unlikely event that this pushes to the 31st - if we are still going on the 31st - I will declare it a draw. Jaybo374 will win the cards and the side bet will be a push. I will have the September contest posted by this weekend.