Beckett.com - malicious software/malware?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robert326

MVP
4.90 star(s)
I just got this message while doing a search on Beckett:

What is the current listing status for www.beckett.com/search?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-10-14, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-10-14.

Malicious software includes 1 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 5 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including robogven.dyndns.tv/, robodsbk.dyndns.tv/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS30496 (COLO4).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.beckett.com/search did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? If it was a real threat, I am glad FireFox blocked it before accessing the page.

Weird.....got the same message.....All of my security systems working and updated.....it runs a dailey scan...running one right now. Best regards, David

Same thing has happened with ebay. Some of the stuff they do, activex? scripts?, are so invasive they're seen as threats.

Got on ebay with no problems.....for me its just Beckett.com..complete scan of computer almost completed 97%....no problems so far. Best regards, David

My virus software also picked up "trojans" on the Becketts site yesterday.
I have not been there today to see if it is still there.

100% scan of my computer..nothing found. Guess I'll have to stay away from the Beckett website for now. Best regards, David PS Might try using the Kinkos computers.

I am running a full scan of the computer in safe mode now. 3 objects infected so far. Must be from the beckett site.

I have had same problem. Now when I try to go to site my computer warns me not to. I think they may have been hacked or had someone do something to their site.

i was on ebay and becketts all day yesterday and have had no issues i wonder if it is a firefox issue

I am getting it on firefox. But the message comes from google.

I never use the stupid site (paid for it the last 3 years) and now when I want to it is infected. Always something with Beckett.

Shawn

I've been getting a warning for the past 3 days when I go to Beckett!

With all these problems they need to start refunding some money! Their customer service is garbage!

Last edited: