Beckett Forum Mess-Is this site ever going to be right again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brettfan

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Hello,

Need some help here. I'm trying to post a message to a trader in one of their forums. Been a Beckett member and paid their silly fees for years.

Everytime I go to post a new message on a thread it gives me this mesage~

You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page. This could be because one of the following reasons:
1.You are not logged in or registered. Please use the link at the top of this page to login.
2.You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3.Your account may have been disabled by an administrator, or it may be awaiting account activation.
4.You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or links.

So, I click the log in link (even though I'm already logged in) and it takes me to the main home page and a pop up drops from the top and says that I must be a new user to access that page.

AARRGGHH, I am so frustrated. Can anyone help me with this problem?

I suppose that I can attribute some of this to the maintenance that they are doing but I believe I've run into this prior.

Thanks,
Melissa

As with most companies owned by a parent company that has no understanding of their business, the primary business model at Beckett seems to be one of continually cutting costs (eliminating staff, meaning writers, researchers, web developers, etc.) in order to drive profits. Their parent company is based entirely around selling magazines and magazine subscriptions. Anything that is not that is foreign to them and subject to the chopping block.

if they would stop trying to make it pretty and just make it actually work, i'd be happy. The old...and i do mean old...version they had was basic but worked great....it's sucked since they changed formats a couple of years ago.

Stupid Beckett...can't sign in with windows 7, but I can via my laptop.

i can get it to work with IE but it still wont work with Chrome. Who do they have working for them? horrible.