Bench 1.1 Draft Thread (THE FOOTBALL EDITION)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shig

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Closed.

So, first off, thanks to @NEPatriotsFan who just proved these can be successful here and for giving me his blessing to put up a football draft using his format. Also to site staff member @katester44 who will moderate just like in the other draft, and aside from a couple very minor changes, this one will work just like the one that just successfully wrapped up in the baseball forums..

For the most part I am copying the rules from the other one and will highlight the changes.
So here's what this is for anyone that doesn't know................

It’s a way to move cards around that you don’t want, for the shot at cards you do want. You will mail your draft contributions (criteria below) to the moderator. Once all cards are received, the draft order will be determined and the draft will begin. There will be five rounds where you take your choice of cards “on the board”. At the end you will receive an envelope with the draft cards you have chosen.

And here's how it works…...

Signup:

Any member in good standing can join. Good standing is defined as a member with at least a 4.0 trader rating, and a minimum of 10 trades, and no complaints or mailing issues. The process will start once we get enough participants. For the first try at this looking for an initial group of 8 to 12 traders. We can do it with less just to work out the kinks, but probably no more than 15 the first time.

Card Criteria:

Football only. And that's American football. None of that soccer stuff. I personally would make it NFL only, but not gonna make a restriction as I know a lot of people like and collect the college stuff.

Your FIVE cards must total at least $100 in current BV, with no maximum amount set. Send FIVE cards, each with a minimum book value according to Becketts OPG of $12. There's no max amount for a card's bv, but don't cheat yourself. If you don't have access to football Beckett, feel free to pm me a list of cards you need priced and I'll be happy to get back to you with bv's quickly.

Raw cards only, no graded. As for condition, I don't think anyone here needs to be told to not send anything rough or creased. If you are unsure though about a card's condition, feel free to send me a scan/ pic of it.

Shipping:

Once we have our participants you will then pack up your 5 donated cards and mail them. THIS PART IS IMPORTANT- @katester44 is going out of his way to do be our moderator, so let's all meet his requests here... send your cards in a (preferably) 9x6 bubble mailer. The mailer you send your cards in is that mailer that will be used to send your new cards back in. Each of your 5 cards is to be in a sleeve and a toploader. (Maybe even team bag or a bit of painters tape over the top of each toploader for extra security). Let's make this as easy for our moderator to just take the cards out of your mailer and then redistribute them into their recipient's mailers.

VERY IMPORTANT!!! When you mail your cards, you must include your return mailing address and $5 cash to cover costs (or a SASE bubble mailer with postage applied) so we can ship your draft picks back to you. (Also, our mod likes baseball and basketball cards if I'm not mistaken, and much like you would a server, bartender or cab driver, feel free to include a little tip for him in your package if you have some stuff layin' around that he might like. Remember, he's doin this just to ensure it all runs smoothly for us and has asked nothing in return.)

Once we have enough participants you will have a week to ship your cards to the moderator. If cards are NOT received within a two-week time frame, you will be dropped from the participant list.

You will PM the moderator the list of cards you are mailing with the book value of the card in this format…

2006 Topps Chrome #252 Devin Hester RC (BV $20) (include serial number and print run if it has one)

The list will be collated, and once all cards are received, all draft cards will be posted in the chat room.

Draft pick order:

We will use a randomization website to determine the draft order for who picks first, second, and so on.

The draft:

By popular demand, this will be a snake draft. Whomever has the first pick in round 1 gets first choice of all the cards submitted. Each pick after that gets choice of the cards that are still “on the board”. Each round will continue until all cards are chosen.

Time limits:

I realize most of us have other commitments. If we do not put a time limit it will take a long time and kill the excitement. Will start at 8:00 AM eastern time, and give each "team" 6 hours "on the clock" to pick a card. We will close the draft each night at 11 PM. The moderator will post the next person to choose and state when their window of time is up. In the event you miss your time slot, the next “team” can pick, and you can pick whenever you can from what is left. Once all cards in all rounds have been chosen, cards will be put back into mailers and sent to you.

Draft pick trading:

Just like in the NFL draft, participants are allowed to trade draft picks to move up or down to potentially get a specific card. All trades will be listed in the chat and both parties must confirm.

THE ONLY CHANGES THAT WERE MADE FROM THE FIRST DRAFT THAT @NEPatriotsFan did are as follows:
Only football cards.
Minimum BV was lowered from $15 to $12.
Maximum BV was removed.
Requirement of bubble mailer for shipping and individual top loader for each card added.
Timeframe in which to mail your cards to moderator reduce from 10 days to one week.

FINAL:
@NEPatriotsFan
@newguy338
@Rabs
@RickB81
@Scobes
@shig
@Steelers8873
@thefiberlab

....and last second hop-on @dragonslayer913

Last edited:
I’m in. I think it will be a lot harder to fill the football one though since most of this board does baseball.

I’m in. I think it will be a lot harder to fill the football one though since most of this board does baseball.
Agreed. I swear there used to be more active football people here, and I haven't even been here that long. Anyway, we'll see what happens, Spread the word! Thanks for joining.

LMK when we need to have our cards shipped by. I assume once its filled? Just not sure how many we are going for
Yeah I didn't really think about that til last night. I'm thinkin we'll leave it til Thursday night, then people can start shipping Friday or get their cards ready over the weekend or whatever.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you all know I have set a date and time that we will end signups and begin shipping cards to our mod. That will be 11pm eastern time on Thursday Aug 25