Bench 1.1 Draft Thread (THE FOOTBALL EDITION)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thanks and i dont think this cant work with some tweeks, and im not saying i sent in the greatest cards in the world, but sent cards I thought collectors would want, not my junk. I know one mans trash is another mans treasure, but sometimes trash is trash. All about getting people involved on the site, but I was sweating it out over what to send, and seeing what others sent, I honestly would pick some of my own cards back! Again I think this can work and still think it would be fun, just need to tweak the rules. I also agree this is a heavy baseball site and Im mostly a football and basketball guy, but maybe we need to go by recent sales and do $10 a card or something? Just spit balling but that eliminates the over BV autos and GU junk since that $25 Aaron Dobson sells for $1! Anyway still exited and ready for some fun!
I actually did pick one of the cards I sent in for the baseball draft. It was the best option to me at that stage!

Yeah, @RickB81 . I was trying to keep pretty much the exact same thoughts to myself since I started it and kinda felt I should remain neutral, but yeah. I have a ****** Charlie Batch parallel that books at like $50 for no good reason. I remember thinkin "I hope people dont send in junk like this for the bv, and well, some kinda did. I'm disappointed and don't think I'd do this again without some definite agreeing amongst the members ahead of time to not send in just whatever as long as Beckett gives it a certain number. Again, not sure if ai shoulda said anything since this was my deal, but now that I think about it, why should anyone else have to? So thank you Rick for speaking up, and I wish I would have sooner when I was feeling the same way. Ultimately this was an experiment and not all experiments turn out great results. Also, let's face it, this is pretty much a baseball site and trying something like this with only another sport was probably silly, but **** it. No one died as a result and I know to not bother with it again.

Regardless, we still have a draft to do and it's not like there won't be anything good. As soon as he sends me the list, I will start the new thread and we will start it off Tuesday morning
Please post a link in this thread to the new thread when you make it.

Yeah it's too bad Beckett sucks ass and doesn't ever actually adjust "value" on cards after like a year. Anyway, yeah... ha. Thought I had more to say.

OK all, I have a list of 35 cards. Katester probably pm'ed asking for the reamining two people two let him know what their lists were, but I'm not certain. I don't know whose 2 lists I am missing, so if you all just wanna send me your list, I'll use process of elimination to work out which ones I need to add. Once I've got that done, the list will go up and I will link here to the new thread.

I am waiting on one person to reply about something and will post the list. It will be two hours tops. I leave work in an hour and a half and if I don;t have the reply by then, I'll just go ahead and put it up in the new thread, which I will link in here.

Man, I assumed this was a fantasy league and never opened the thread. I used to run these when I modded at another site years ago. I don't know if we pioneered the idea but it was always fun. Sometimes we did GU only, autos only, etc. Might join a future one.

Man, I assumed this was a fantasy league and never opened the thread. I used to run these when I modded at another site years ago. I don't know if we pioneered the idea but it was always fun. Sometimes we did GU only, autos only, etc. Might join a future one.

yes that is where I got the idea from many moons ago...how are you my friend its been a long time