Bench Draft 2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Completely understand what you are saying. I don't think you should be the one worrying about the pics since you are already doing a lot with this which we appreciate.

Each member can easily submit pics of their cards as they are packaging them up to be sent to you.

I would recommend maybe sending a PM to the people you are referring to that didn't package up their cards correctly, as otherwise they may not be sure if the method they used was adequate. I honestly don't know if the way I sent them was good or not based on your needs to send them back out.

Thank you, I appreciate your statement.

The worst offender, I messaged nepatriots about and it was egregious.

I think what people failed to take into account is potential thickness of cards and the potential to trade picks and pick up extra cards. A small mailer worked great for getting 5 cards to me, packaged safely and well. For those that traded picks and picked up an extra card or two, and two of the cards were thicker, all of a sudden, that small bubble mailer isn't the best way to send the cards back.

I am going to beat the dead horse on this one -- a 6 x 9 mailer solves basically every issue I had with re-packing. In this case, it really is that easy. Everybody sent postage, everybody sent their list, everybody sent the cards in in a timely fashion, the draft moved pretty well -- from that perspective, this was an absolute success and I hope you guys can keep the momentum going. There is already 8.5 folks signed up for the football only draft, which is amazing. If that gets to 10 participants, that absolutely blows me away.

I uypdate post 2 and 3 with the comments that I felt should be posted up there for now. If anyone wants anything else added to those, please let me know and I will do it.

Basically any thoughts on the table will go into post 3, and when we make a decision, it will get made a rule and put into post 2.

@katester44 , I appreciate all the work you have done, and thinking back on how I shipped the cards to you, I am one of the ones to blame for your shipping issues, and I apologize. It never even crossed my mind that you would be shipping back to us, and I shipped the same way I always do when I am not expecting to get anything back. Again, I am sorry, I will not make that mistake again.

@Steelers8873 , I am also sorry for the trade issues you have had on theBench. I have also had a lot of trades with some greedy, shady people who are obviously out to only better themselves and no one else. I have received cards that were severely damaged that was not disclosed prior to the trade, and then when comfronted about it, you get the well you didn't ask, or it ooked good to me... I feel you there. When I trade a damaged card, I am very up front about it, try to snap as many good pictures of the damage as I can, and if all else fails, if someone decides the damage was too much for them, you know what, its just as easy to send cards back, or modify the trade.

Don't give up on trading here though, I promise you there are REALLY good members here as well. Just like anywhere else, you need to weed out the bad ones and rely on the good ones. Hopefully you stick around.

As far as pics for the cards go, I like it. However, I would not put it on the mod to handle that though. Each member must be able to send pics of the cards, and if they can't then they can't play.

I also think the sender having to post pics allows the players to see who is skirting the rules and only sending in cards that are inflated in their BV and are cards that are not worth the value that Beckett says they are. You all know the type, the guy who wants to say a 2016 Bowman Chrome Blue auto of a failed prospect is a $50 card, because Beckett just puts in a 10x multiplier for a Blue and the base is $5 => this is $50....right....

I am more than happy to take pics and post in thread what I'm sending in I'm all for it! As far as the trading goes there's a handful I will still trade with but for the most part I will just buy/sell/break I'm sure sometime down the line I will jump back in but for now I'm just tired of getting burnt.

How do we have half a folk sign

The worst offender, I messaged nepatriots about and it was egregious.

I think what people failed to take into account is potential thickness of cards and the potential to trade picks and pick up extra cards. A small mailer worked great for getting 5 cards to me, packaged safely and well. For those that traded picks and picked up an extra card or two, and two of the cards were thicker, all of a sudden, that small bubble mailer isn't the best way to send the cards back.

I am going to beat the dead horse on this one -- a 6 x 9 mailer solves basically every issue I had with re-packing. In this case, it really is that easy. Everybody sent postage, everybody sent their list, everybody sent the cards in in a timely fashion, the draft moved pretty well -- from that perspective, this was an absolute success and I hope you guys can keep the momentum going. There is already 8.5 folks signed up for the football only draft, which is amazing. If that gets to 10 participants, that absolutely blows me away.
Hiow do we have a folk signed up?!

You are welcome.

Yep I'm to blame for that. I traded down a few times and ended up with 8 cards I think! So a 6x9 is definitely the way to go.

As far as pics for the cards go, I like it. However, I would not put it on the mod to handle that though. Each member must be able to send pics of the cards, and if they can't then they can't play.

I also think the sender having to post pics allows the players to see who is skirting the rules and only sending in cards that are inflated in their BV and are cards that are not worth the value that Beckett says they are. You all know the type, the guy who wants to say a 2016 Bowman Chrome Blue auto of a failed prospect is a $50 card, because Beckett just puts in a 10x multiplier for a Blue and the base is $5 => this is $50....right....

Sure put the ownership on the participants in the draft not the mods. They already are doing more than enough. Like I said before it hardly adds any time to take pics of the cards. I already take scans of all my cards anyway which I know most people don't do. But I like being able to provide a pic of anything at a drop of a hat if someone inquires. A buyer/trader has the right to see what they are getting 100% of the time.

I am more than happy to take pics and post in thread what I'm sending in I'm all for it! As far as the trading goes there's a handful I will still trade with but for the most part I will just buy/sell/break I'm sure sometime down the line I will jump back in but for now I'm just tired of getting burnt.
Trust me this place is a lot safer to trade on than other forums I've used. But sketchy people are everywhere in this hobby. I got scammed out of $500 a couple months ago.

You are welcome.

Yep I'm to blame for that. I traded down a few times and ended up with 8 cards I think! So a 6x9 is definitely the way to go.

Sure put the ownership on the participants in the draft not the mods. They already are doing more than enough. Like I said before it hardly adds any time to take pics of the cards. I already take scans of all my cards anyway which I know most people don't do. But I like being able to provide a pic of anything at a drop of a hat if someone inquires. A buyer/trader has the right to see what they are getting 100% of the time.

Trust me this place is a lot safer to trade on than other forums I've used. But sketchy people are everywhere in this hobby. I got scammed out of $500 a couple months ago.
I am also one of those people I have a pic for every single card I own I prefer using pictures over lists because that's what I would like in return but that's wishful thinking.

@Rabs- safe or not I'm done trading I will only be taking cards in none going out and any transaction that happens will include pictures of the cards or there won't be a transaction it's that simple.
I work my ass off to be able to participate in this hobby I have zero tolerance for BS from people.

I will say that 2 of the people I had a problem with addressed the issue and I will give credit where credit is due but the one member who thought that I should be the one to pay his postage did nothing including apologize.

I'm guessing the .5 is a maybe someone that has some interest and maybe not decided ?

I am not sure if Andy (katester44) would agree with this but I'll make the suggestion anyway when the cards are received pics / scans of
the members cards are taken or scanned and a thread with each members cards is posted

I think it's going to be up to each member to scan & post their entries I could be wrong but I think that's what was agreed upon.

So my understanding is were doing 1 sport I'll take it be baseball and we have to scan or take pics of our cards -Now were do we post the pics and when do we need to mail out--I myself can't mail bubble mailers out until next week per my sig

So my understanding is were doing 1 sport I'll take it be baseball and we have to scan or take pics of our cards -Now were do we post the pics and when do we need to mail out--I myself can't mail bubble mailers out until next week per my sig

yes but we are not there yet...still need a moderator and staff member....and I need to update the master document with these suggestions

Hopefully Katester44 is going to be the moderator like before but with some changes as he has requested

Yes, I am still willing/able to help out - depending on timing, as we have the football one getting ready to kickoff here in the next couple of days. I definitely don't want to try and handle two of these at once.

Thank you to everyone who set up and participated in the last draft. This has been a great conversation to follow and I'm definitely interested in the next one. Love the dialog.