Best Way To Price Cards??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plopowitz

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hey guys and gals!!

I was trying to get some opinions on what you thought regarding the most effective and least expensive way to price cards, for the period of one year.

I feel that Beckett online is somewhat pricey for my needs. I feel comfortable maintaining a printed guide for at least 6 months. BUT I'm trying to find what you believe to be the best value for the four major sports.

I've heard that the annual Beckett almanac?? is a good reference and it's priced at approx. $30-$40 I believe??

Anyone have an opinion on the cheapest way to reference all 4 sports for up to a year??

Thanks,
Pete

This is a loaded question,
I use a 2007 Almanac for my older cards,.The references and set lists,and pics are a great tool,..thats worth the 35 bucks in itself for me,.
,..as for the pricing,I'm very subjective,..
The Web has changed this hobby a lot,.,Ebay is a force and I tend to watch newer cards there that I I pull,
plus I tend to watch the boards here too,..see whats happening with the series,.
Why,..because I'm poor and I rather buy packs the give my $ to Beckett,..lol

Clint

Last edited:
i hear ya on becketts, another place to get a ballpark idea (pun intended) is the COMC boards too, they use becketts so its an end run on giving beketts your money.

David,

Yes, I'd agree in the cases when I was looking for higher bv, but my question is simply in regard to checking bv's on larger quantities of cards in a short time.. even cards with $5 bv.

Thanks for the info!!

Anyone else??

oh, that's cool.. Paul, what would be your best investment if you had, say, 1000 cards to check bv's for, from 4 sports, assuming their values are anywhere between $2 and $20?? Would you purchase a separate Beckett for each sport, or is there a more cost efficient idea?