Best/Worst Autos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manny Ramirez has a horrible auto, but it is because he doesn't care. It is never the same and it is always a mess. The nicest autos I think is Michael Cuddyer, and I personally like Carl Pavanos.

Here are a few out of my collection that I like:

scan0003-vi.jpg

Cobb
scan0013-vi.jpg

Ed Barrow
BabeRuth004-vi.jpg

Ruth
HardtofindSigs003-vi.jpg

Maravich
New31410014-vi.jpg
Marion
Automagazinepages027-vi.jpg

Hodges

Also:
Dom Dimaggio
Roger Maris
Mantle
Reese

I aggree with Rameriez having a bad sig:
2010ToppsTribute002-vi.jpg

There are a lot of players today that just sign quick and they look horrible. Times have changed.

jason

The worst auto I got was Vernand Morency. He signed with a V that looked like a check mark. The best was Mercury Morris.

Greg Maddux is pretty bad.

Some of the finest examples of penmanship would be
Reggie Jackson and Joe Torre.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

I second this one...lots of them are doing initials these days but this takes the cake.

I don't know, with enough imagination, you can see every letter!

One of my favorite in-person autographs is Dennis Eckersley and I'm lucky enough to have seen it nine times. It was great just watching it happen!
Sandy Alomar, Jr., gets runner-up honors.

Great guy, lousy pen... Mike Sweeney.

Harmon Killebrew has a great autograph. For a guy with so many letters, he really does a good job with his.
On the other hand, I was really disappointed with Michael Vick's. I pulled a redemption from Donruss Classics a few years ago and it came as "MV7."

Chris Johnson has a pretty lame signature. Tim Lincecum could be a lot better as well. I love Ken Griffey Jr.'s auto, but my all time favorite is Torii Hunter.