BIG PET PEEVE: Why Don't People Provide More Information For Player They Post About?!

Do You Agree With Me?

• It really bugs me too!

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • It kind of bugs me.

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Doesn't bug me.

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesNevans

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
It never fails that someone will post that they are looking for a player, either all cards or especially irritating is posting for rookies of that player, and THEY DON'T GIVE YOU INFORMATION on what year!!! Is it really difficult to provide some information that might include that little tidbit? How about providing product you think he's in, what team he plays for, maybe even a position.

Maybe it's just because I don't trade much on here anymore but it doesn't really bug me at all.

If they don't provide enough information, then I just don't worry about making a deal with them.

Ron

It bugs me a little....Normally just more on to the next poster. Best regards, David

I can understand veterans that have been around long enough for people to know them, but there are problems there too. I know A-Rod and even I-Rod are acceptable nicknames for players to know who they are, but I remember the last time I brought up something related when someone wanted LT, was that Lawrence Taylor or LaDainian Thomlinson? MJ as Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson?

I also don't bother looking if they don't provide me with a starting post, but then they just clutter the boards and the next post is a simple "ttt" and they wonder why they don't get success. I'm trying to educate as communication is so key to successful trading with minimal problems.

if trading baseball cards bothers you then maybe the hobby isnt for you?

if you dont want to look for the cards, then dont look, if you are familiar with the player and know you got it, then make a deal

I voted that it really bugs me. I generally ignore those threads because I typically don't care if the poster doesn't care enought to put SOME details. But it bugs me because they will be bumping it every few days for a month and clogging up the boards with essentially a wasted, do nothing, post.

I think what bugs me more are the threads where the title states something like "WTB/WTTF All Roger Clemens" and they then proceed to say "no thanks, I already have that" to every poster offering cards. Obviously, then, they didn't want to buy or trade for ALL Roger Clemens cards! Such posts should be deleted until they learn to communicate.

Sometimes, it seems like TheBench needs a training area where people can be taught how to properly post their wants and cards for trade that result in concise and unambiguous messages about exactly what it is they have or are looking for.

And don't get me started on "I need everything that is NOT listed here" posts. If your post is supposed to tell people what you need, then post what you need, not what you have. It's not difficult to construct a wantlist. Especially when your wantlist would be shorter than you havelist!

Last edited:
Agree with pac rat that it doesn't bother me at all. But I guess it must depend on how/if your tradelist is organized. Mine is an Excel spreadsheet, so name is by far the most important thing you can give me. Product and team would narrow it down, but take more time for me to filter out (though we're only talking 20 to 30 seconds in the scheme of things). But I can't imagine that you meant "position" - that would be the most useless piece of information to me.

I can't imagine that you meant "position" - that would be the most useless piece of information to me.

It's just more information to the puzzle, if we're talking football and to a lessor extent baseball the player is more likely to be in a product if he is a skill position rather than say an offensive lineman or relief pitcher. Position also could help distinguish between two players with the same or simlar names (like Alex Smith).

It's just more information to the puzzle, if we're talking football and to a lessor extent baseball the player is more likely to be in a product if he is a skill position rather than say an offensive lineman or relief pitcher. Position also could help distinguish between two players with the same or simlar names (like Alex Smith).

Sometimes I doesn't matter what you post.

I've been thinking for some time about starting a Curt Warner collection, and am still considering it when the time is right. I have already invisioned a thread with this title, "Looking for Curt Warner-Seahawks-RB", and I'd add a nice list of what I need. I ASSURE you that I will still get a few dumb/lazy traders offering me Kurt Warner cards.

At some point there is only so much you can do. "If the average IQ is 100 about half he people you meet are dumber than that." ~Lynn R. (An old boss of mine)

I can understand veterans that have been around long enough for people to know them, but there are problems there too. I know A-Rod and even I-Rod are acceptable nicknames for players to know who they are, but I remember the last time I brought up something related when someone wanted LT, was that Lawrence Taylor or LaDainian Thomlinson? MJ as Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson?

I also don't bother looking if they don't provide me with a starting post, but then they just clutter the boards and the next post is a simple "ttt" and they wonder why they don't get success. I'm trying to educate as communication is so key to successful trading with minimal problems.

I use to do the try the same thing....however, they get upset or get more confused...You try to help someone and they thing your talking down to them.....I had a trade with someone and they pm that their were going to mail out the trade on Monday....However, Monday was a Federal holiday...no mailing....so I told them the facts......They got upset and cancelled the trade! Best regards, David

I use to do the try the same thing....however, they get upset or get more confused...You try to help someone and they thing your talking down to them.....I had a trade with someone and they pm that their were going to mail out the trade on Monday....However, Monday was a Federal holiday...no mailing....so I told them the facts......They got upset and cancelled the trade! Best regards, David

This is SAD!!!! I would have been glad you told me that info.

Thank you for starting this thread. I am new here to the BENCH and I have learned alot from the thread.
I now can see the right way to post a thread.The more info about the player and what cards you are looking for,the better.The best threads I have seen have alot of info about the player they want to collect and a tradelist on the same thread.

To David K-I think that person who cancelled the trade had too much coffee that day.I like it when a members sends a reminder about holidays and sending items to Canada.

zdena

I'm not flaming or being rude but your post actually bugged me more than what you were talking about. It didn't even make 100% sense and you were all over the place. I mainly look for one player so I already know, but if someone is looking for any player 50-50 they usually know their rookie year or roughly