BIG PET PEEVE: Why Don't People Provide More Information For Player They Post About?!

Do You Agree With Me?

• It really bugs me too!

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • It kind of bugs me.

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Doesn't bug me.

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I use to do the try the same thing....however, they get upset or get more confused...You try to help someone and they thing your talking down to them.....I had a trade with someone and they pm that their were going to mail out the trade on Monday....However, Monday was a Federal holiday...no mailing....so I told them the facts......They got upset and cancelled the trade! Best regards, David

I can mail things out on federal holidays, granted I'm not that trader. My PO has the automated machine that I can buy postage on. No it won't be sorted until Tuesday, however I can mail on the holiday.

TJ- I'm more confused to the point of your post then any other in here.

The part this really would apply to is prospects people are not familiar with, older vintage players, and possibly some active players that are few and far between. I see a valid point that if you're looking for say, George Foster, you may want to elaborate a bit....on the other hand, if you don't know who the people are, you have two options.

1. baseball-reference.com (or whatever sport is at hand)
2. Ignore

I can mail things out on federal holidays, granted I'm not that trader. My PO has the automated machine that I can buy postage on. No it won't be sorted until Tuesday, however I can mail on the holiday.

TJ- I'm more confused to the point of your post then any other in here.

Nope....you can place in box....but it won't be mailed out until the following day.....Best regards, David

Nope....you can place in box....but it won't be mailed out until the following day.....Best regards, David

Which means I did mail it out but that the post office didn't touch it yet. IT is out of my hands meaning I mailed it. Unless I guess your definition of "Mailing out" is different from mine. My definition of mailing out is "When a person drops the package off at the office from which delivery will initiate".

I have problems when people ask for rookie cards of prospects and don't know what date their RCs were.

A while back, I responded to a post by asking what year the players RC was that they wanted. The other trader responded with a post stating they did not know, but are only trading for their Rookie Card.

Thanks for the help.:rolleyes:

Needless to say, I did not spend any more time on the search.

It would be nice if the trader would put a little info into their poast.

Last edited:
I voted that it bugs me as well. Granted that I'm not the best at it either, but I wanted to throw this in here. I don't have want or have lists. I just don't have the time to that. I might have an hour here or there but it's not enough to do a concentrated effort on a project. However, in an hour I can generate a list for someone whom I would like to trade with. I would like to look at lists of cards available and check them against what I have. There might be something out there I don't even know about therefore not on a want list. The thing that really bugs me is that when I respond to a thread someone else has started an they don't answer. I have some in my subscriptions that go back to 2/22 with no response. Granted I have the disclaimer in my sig about this being a hobby for me and at times my response time is slow, but if I start a thread, I make sure that the traders are contacted. My $0.02 worth... Butch