Billy Hamilton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlee6124

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Went to the Baybears game on Wednesday night vs. the Pensacola Blue Wahoos. I had a few cards to get signed for tribefan by a BayBears player, so I figured I'd try to get Hamilton before the game. I was the only one trying to get autographs on the visiting side. Usually there are about 3 or 4. I tried several times to get his attention, but he ignored me. After he was done warming up, I finally got his attention and he came over. He had this look on his face like I was really bothering him. I tried to start up a conversation with him, but he didn't say a word. He just signed my ball and walked off. He doesn't seem to be a very nice person, but he's definitely the fastest person I've seen. He's a lock to break the minor league steals record. I think he only needs 4 more.
DSCN4812.jpg

Nice success! I've been keeping track of him and he looks awesome!

I wish some players were nicer. They signed up for this and autographs and being courteous to the fans is part of the job description. Imagine if you looked at your boss like you were bothering him and didn't say a word, probably wouldn't bode well.

I think with Hamilton, since he's been chasing this record, a lot of dealer-types have probably been "racking" on him with pushy requests. Even though you were the only one who asked, he just might be tired of it at this point in the season.

i always find it awkward experience when its one on one with a player and they dont say a word to you when signing.. but the ball looks great congrats on the pick up!

I agree. It may be an ackward experience, but the ball looks great and he signed it on the sweet spot. Who knows why he acted that way, but it's a fair guess he's been in a lot of folks spot lights over the last couple of months. Probably why he reacted the way he did. Still, it's an amazing success! Congrats!