Bonzomoretti, Thank You!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiefer77

Rookie
4.90 star(s)
There is a huge difference between real life and online life. We all know how it works. You make a few trades here and there with a couple of people. You forge friendships via witty posts and PM's, but most people just come and go online. It's not like we are all high school buddies. Sometimes you forget who it was that sent you that one card that you've been searching for.

Then every so often you come across a guy like Mike. Ya see, Mike is the kinda guy that doesn't overvalue cards. He takes them for what they are worth to himself. I know that a lot of you have done trades with Mike and I'm sure that you all feel the same as I do but it needs to be said, his generosity knows no bounds. He is the kinda guy that makes this hobby great. The bench is extremely lucky to have a guy like Mike among it ranks.

I'm sorry to call you out like this Mike but I needed to give you a public thank you. Not only have you helped my own PC, but my son's as well. You have no idea how much joy you have brought to my boy and I.

So here's to you bonzomoretti. A very heart felt thank you!

Very nice to see the board members helping each other out!! Little things like an extra unexpected PC hit goes a long way with many people. There are several other members that deserve equal recogniton, but we will concentrate on giving props to bonzo in this thread!! Way to go!!!

Good to hear stories like this, it's why "The Bench" is the best site! Mike is a good guy, props to him! :)

Couldn't agree more!!

I agree, Chiefer!! His only fault is being a Mets fan that lives right across the Delaware river from Philadelphia!!! :D

I agree, Chiefer!! His only fault is being a Mets fan that lives right across the Delaware river from Philadelphia!!! :D

LOL I have dealt alot with Chiefer and Bonzo. Both great people.

When I gotta a concussion at work and was out for awhile I made some trades with Mike and he helped me as well on my needs.

Lots of great people on this site. Thanks to all.

Mike is someone that I not only can rely on but I am proud to say that he is becoming a great friend. This guy sent me a Christmas card that had an awesome RF of my favorite player.
You da man !

WOW! Thank you very much and "your welcome" to you and your son Brian. I take it you received the box! LOL!
I am fairly new here (1 year maybe) and had my trepidations when first joining "The Bench". I was actually talked into staying by a member who's name I can not remember. I kept his nicely written letter but apparently letters automatically get deleted after a certain amount of time. I am glad he did keep me from leaving and to give "The Bench" a try.
You learn after a few trades who the good traders are and who to beware of. If your a good trader, I will gladly throw something in or surprise you with a little something if I can. I don't have a ton of stock in cards prior to 2010 as i just got back into collecting 1 1/2 years ago.
As for you, Fatrat John, I can heave a snowball pretty far so "watch your back"! LOL! I think Bernie Madoff has taken care of the Metsies for awhile.
Thanks again gang and always remember, "It's only cardboard"!

Bonzo seems to be a straight shooter and when he replies to me in threads,he tells it like it is and I really respect that.

One of these days I'll have to dig out my Mets cards because I know I have a bunch that he needs ;) Not that I'm holding out,I'm just too damn lazy to do it lol.

Nice thread,
Brett

Bonzo seems to be a straight shooter and when he replies to me in threads,he tells it like it is and I really respect that.

One of these days I'll have to dig out my Mets cards because I know I have a bunch that he needs ;) Not that I'm holding out,I'm just too damn lazy to do it lol.

Nice thread,
Brett

I appreciate that Brett. I try to treat people like I would want to be treated. Now, what do I need to do to motivate you to DIG OUT THOSE METS!!! LOL!
That actually seems to be the biggest problem with my collection. Traders usually don't want to dig out those cards that have been put away over the years. I usually offer to trade in their favor because I DO understand it can be a pain to dig out those old commons. Same goes for you Brett. If I can help with the new stuff, I'll happily trade in your favor for some older Mets.
Thanks again Guys & Gals. Your words have really touched me and have made me feel part of the "Bench" family.
Brian, I hope you can use a few of those.

Mike, a few? More like most! I am having a blast digging through all these mets. When I am done, I will let you know exactly how many I needed. I knew how many cards I had before I got this box so it will be easy for me to get a count.

Brett, please trade to Mike, that way I can trade with Mike. LOL

I appreciate that Brett. I try to treat people like I would want to be treated. Now, what do I need to do to motivate you to DIG OUT THOSE METS!!! LOL!
That actually seems to be the biggest problem with my collection. Traders usually don't want to dig out those cards that have been put away over the years. I usually offer to trade in their favor because I DO understand it can be a pain to dig out those old commons. Same goes for you Brett. If I can help with the new stuff, I'll happily trade in your favor for some older Mets.
Thanks again Guys & Gals. Your words have really touched me and have made me feel part of the "Bench" family.
Brian, I hope you can use a few of those.

I know I know I know. The cards are sitting in a binder in my room and chock full of mid-90s RCs,base,parallels and other inserts of superstars like Pulsipher,Isringhausen,Payton,Wilson,Ordonez and Ochoa. My first shot at prospecting really paid off,huh? lol.

I'll get around to it...............eventually ;)

I know I know I know. The cards are sitting in a binder in my room and chock full of mid-90s RCs,base,parallels and other inserts of superstars like Pulsipher,Isringhausen,Payton,Wilson,Ordonez and Ochoa. My first shot at prospecting really paid off,huh? lol.

I'll get around to it...............eventually ;)

All your doing is making me drool Brett!!!!!! :p

I was going to tease you with cards I have from your wantlist but you don't have a wantlist at your homepage. :confused:

Brian, Just checking to see if you ever found any "treasures" in that box. Hope you and your son made out well and are putting them to good use.
Spring training is just about over...Ollie and Luis are gone! Izzy is BACK!...and the Mets are in First Place! LOL!
Here's to a good season Brian! Mike