Box Trade thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj23bullsfan

BANNED
4.90 star(s)
BANNED
Official Box Trade Thread!!!!!!

(this thread was approved via lprimus)
(could a mod please put a sticky on this one)

The Rules may sound a little strict, but these rules are set to keep this safe, honest and most of all FUN

Rules:

1.) Box will start from Illinois and head off in order of entry into the box trade. i will probably go with about 15-20 members for this.

2.) Must have HOF status of at least 150 trades (at time of entry). may be subject to slight modification if not enough participants.

3.) 5.0 rating

4.) Priority Box with Delivery Confirmation and Insurance must be and will be used with each shipment!!!! (If you have the box in your possession, you are responsible for DC and Insurance.) WHEN SENDING THIS BOX OUT TO YOUR FELLOW TRADERS, PLEASE INSURE THE BOX FOR $400 WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. THANKS!!!!!!

5.) Limited to 3 trades out of the box per person.
5a.) Please be courteous with your picks and replacements. Remember, there are others waiting on this box also and want a crack at some nice cards too.
5b.) You have 4 days to mail the box once you receive it.

6.) Members must post which cards they took out and which cards they put into the box. As much info on the cards as possible please. If need be, use my example listed below (This will start when I send the box out and start a new official thread)

7.) (Auto for an Auto)(GU for a GU)(Hall of Famer for Hall of Famer)(Vintage for Vintage) -- Please use common sense here, DO NOT take a Star player GU/Auto and replace it with a Scrub player!!!! (Example; Griffey for Pujols, not Griffey for Brian Giles (sorry Brian Giles fans ))
7a.) There will be three major sports included in this box trade. Please trade Baseball for Baseball, Basketball for Basketball and Football for Football.

8.) Equal Value trades (example: $10 card for a $10 card, not 2 $10 cards for a $20 card). Although, you could trade down (i.e. your $12.00 card for a $10.00 card, but again, be smart and courteous.)

9.) Every card will have a Beckett Book Value of at least $10.00

10.) This rule might bug some people, but I don't collect rookies, so please no rookies placed into the box. (unless that rookie is established, i.e Ryan Braun and Evan Longoria.) I don't want to end up with RC Auto's from players that never were or never will be?

11.) Anyone who participates will recieve a small package inside the "box". A little "Thank You" for doing this and being such great friends here on the Bench!!!

35 cards will start the box and 35 cards will return to me at the end. If at any point any trader has a problem with what the previous trader put in the box or feel that something is unfair, please PM me with the issue and we will try to work it out. Remember, this is for fun!!!!

Here are the participants (profile name) in order of entry, with thier location:

Beginning - mj23bullsfan (IL) (INS # VH 846 991 723 US)
bdink25 (PA) (INS # VH 767 232 252 US)
newengland1966 (MA) (INS # VH 80h 115 907 US)
Chavezforprez (NJ)
lep1010 (NJ) (INS # VI 139 402 215 US)
Soxfan33 (ME) (INS #: VH 425 254 293 US)
basebal1fan (CA)
forceplay sport (MA) (INS #: VG824288932 US)
Cooter2533 (OH)
stephj24 (NJ)
End - mj23bullsfan (IL)

THEBENCHTRADING.COM BOX TRADE PART DUEX CARD LIST

List of cards to start the journey:
TAKEN CARDS
NEW CARDS

BASEBALL
Babe Ruth 1976 Topps Sporting News All-Stars 345 $15.00
Bob Clemente 1965 Topps Embossed 19 $40.00
RBI Leaders 1968 Topps Cepeda/Clemente/Aaron 3 $20.00
Wade Boggs 1983 Fleer RC 179 $10.00
2006 Sweet Spot Jason Avant auto BV $12
Willie Taveras 2004 Absolute Memorabilia Rookie Autograph #355/500 236 $20.00
josh beckett RC au
David ortiz gu

2001 SP Game Bat Milestone Piece of Action Milestone #KG Ken Griffey Jr. $20.00
2001 SP Legendary bat card Reggie Jackson bat BV $15
Carlton Fisk 2007 SP Legendary Cuts Masterful Material Jsy (white w/black pinstripe) MM-CF $10.00
1975 Tops Mini Ryan/Carlton Strikeout Leaders
2002 DOnruss Studio Wade Miller Hat Card
AL Home Run Ldrs 2002 UD Vintage Bonds/Sosa/Gonzalez 274 $15.00
George Brett 1976 SSPC 167 $20.00
2004- FLEER BALL PARK HEROES GU PEDRO MARTINEZ BV $25
2004 Leaf Certified Cuts Marble Signature Blue #33 Keith Foulke (Sox Uniform)/ 75 Print Run 75 $25.00
Nolan Ryan '77 Topps #650 $30 - screw down holder
Reggie Smith II '08 Donruss Classics rookie AUTO /499 $12
2004 Sweet Spot Classic Jack McKeon auto BV $20

BASKETBALL
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 1974-75 Topps NBA All-Stars 1 $30.00
Charlie Villanueva 2005-06 Sweet Shots Signature Shots SS-CV $30.00
Baron Davis 2002-03 Fleer Premium Prime Time Warm-Ups #75/100 NNO $30.00
Lamar Odom 2001-02 Topps All-Star Remnants TR-LO $15.00
Luol Deng/Thabo Sefolosha 2006-07 Luxury Box Courtside Relics Dual Jsy (red/red) #58/299 CDR-DS $12.00
Nikki McCray 2002 Fleer Authentix Ripped Warm-Ups NNO $12.00

FOOTBALL
1974 Topps Ahmad Rashad RC #105 $20
2007 Topps Co-Signers Holosilver Green Brady/Moss #4 /75 $16.00
Dick Butkus 1973 Topps 300 $12.00
Raymond Berry 1965 Philadelphia 2 $10.00
Jerramy Stevens 2007 Topps TX Exclusive SB XL Ticket Stub Autograph SB-JS $12.00
Mike Haas 2006 Sweet Spot Signatures Mini Helmet Auto SSS-HA $12.00
Omar Jacobs 2000 Press Pass Power Picks Autographs Red Ink (#108/250) NNO $30.00
William Green 2002 Finest RC Auto #199/1200 120 $20.00
DeAngelo Williams 2006 Leaf Certified Materials Freshman Fabric Jsy #313/550 227 $20.00
TO gu
DeAngelo williams rc gu

Willis McGahee 2006 Topps Draft Picks & Prospects Upperclassmen Jersey (red) UC-WM $10.00
Earl Campbell 2006 Donruss Threads Generations Materials Campbell Jsy (white)/Brown Jsy (blue) #105/250 G1 $12.00
2006 Absolute Memorabilia Chad Jackson triple GU BV $8

Hopefully everthing has been covered, so let the fun begin. If anyone has any questions or issues, please feel free to ask.

i hope this goes as smoothly as Billy's!!
Paul

Last edited:
When is the end of this sign up? I have like like 15 trades in the manager that will be complete within a few days and would like to be in this. plmk if I can join or not. Thanks

newengland1966 - i'll get you on the list

Cooter2533 - you may be good to get in, this will run at least until Billy's box trade is completed. i may decide to lower the bench point requirement a little, if there aren't enough guys at first.

paul

ok cool. I have like 17 trades that should be complete in a day or two and like 5-8 more that will be done by next week. Not to mention the one with you :) Do I need to worry about getting 1000 post if so I need to get posting. I have been apart of one of these before btw. THanks

Andrew

question you said have to have hof status of 150 trades.

DO you mean you have to be a HOF as in 1000 and 100 trades or you have to be a hof with a 150 trades meaning HOF lus 50 trades?

1.) Box will start from Illinois and circle its way around the U.S. and back.i will probably go with about 20 members for this, give or take.

just want to clearify this a little bit.

i'll send the box from my home here in illinois. depending on who is in the circle, i'll try to route the box in that circle. so even if you signed up first or second, if you are in texas, you most likely will be towards the middle of the pack. i'll start by sending the box westward, then back along the lower states or midwest, however it can be worked out, then to the east coast, then back to illinois.

keep watch on the participants, as i'll list them according to my preferred route.

hope this made sense :)

paul

just want to clearify this a little bit.

i'll send the box from my home here in illinois. depending on who is in the circle, i'll try to route the box in that circle. so even if you signed up first or second, if you are in texas, you most likely will be towards the middle of the pack. i'll start by sending the box westward, then back along the lower states or midwest, however it can be worked out, then to the east coast, then back to illinois.

keep watch on the participants, as i'll list them according to my preferred route.

hope this made sense :)

paul

Paul, I my have to opt out of this journey after seeing the route that the cards will take. Do you have any idea when they would be getting here. I'm going on vacation in the middle of April. Plmk thanks Butch

Hey Paul
That is a nice looking avitar that you have now. I would like to get in on this. I will let you know for sure by thursday.
Thank you
Tom

bdink25 - billy told me his box trade took a little longer than 3 months due to the holidays. so i would assume mine will take right around 3 months, give or take a week. if that's the case, the routing would have the box either on the east coast or just on it's way back to me, in late april early may.

Chavezforprez - got ya in

chieftazmisty - i'll wait for confirmation before i add you to the list :)

thanx,
paul

lep1010 - got ya erik, hey also, i just realized i have this thread in the contest forum, lol. could you or one of the other mods move it to appropriate forum please.

thanx,
paul

bdink25 - billy told me his box trade took a little longer than 3 months due to the holidays. so i would assume mine will take right around 3 months, give or take a week. if that's the case, the routing would have the box either on the east coast or just on it's way back to me, in late april early may.

thanx,
paul

Paul, let me check the dates I'll be gone and get back to you. Thanks Butch

I hope I didn't miss it. But please sign me up.

Thanks!
John

Last edited:
butch, and everyone else involved, since this is east coast heavy right now, i'll start it out that way first. and it'll just be in order of when you enter. should work out since it will be priority box. i think it's $4.80 for the box, plus insurance and delivery confirmation, i think it will be right around $10 to send the box, and being priority, should take the minimal 2-3 days from anywhere, so i don't think any particular order needs to be set in stone.

thanx,
paul

Status
Not open for further replies.