BSL 2.0 Updates....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Keep checking back, I will update this regularly as I get things moving.

Some good reading for all managers, with some of my notes in bold.

Not all changes can be made by human managers. Some changes must be made by the commissioner. A human manager can make the following changes in his or her copy of the game, and these will be sent to the commissioner in the team export file:

Scout assignments (Scouting is TURNED OFF)
Changes to lineups, depth charts, pitching staff, or other settings related to team strategy (you can set ALL lineups, depth charts, pitching staffs. You can also choose to have computer do everything. You also can have the computer only do minor leagues, etc)
Contract offers to players (extensions and free agents) (hey, NO LIMITS ANYMORE!)
Contract offers to team personnel (including extensions) (Personnel is TURNED OFF)
Transactions and player movement within the team's organization (promotions/demotions, player releases, disabled lists, etc.)
Coach firings and new jobs/assignments (Coaching is TURNED OFF)
Waiver wire claims
Human manager player and staff shortlists (never really used this option myself)
Mail message status (deleted messages, whether messages have been read or not, etc.)
Manager options

The following tasks cannot be performed by a human manager in an online league:

Auto-playing or playing out games (obviously)
Trades (these will still have to be posted in forum and reviewed)
Team options, such as name, location, uniforms, colors, or financials, etc.
Writing news articles or game recaps
Accessing game setup information, or league or commissioner tools

These tasks must be handled by the commissioner of the league.

Some more details for what we've got set up so far....things can change at this point, but progress is being made.

Almost all players should have an in-game photograph. All MLB and affiliate team logos should be incorporated (aside from one Cincy AA team I cannot get to work for some reason).

I have leveled all NATIONAL media contracts to an equal amount for all teams to start off. This will change over time as you play, but everyone is on a level playing field there. The LOCAL media deal is based off of the city size and can't be modified.

All teams have 85,000,000 budget for first year. (ADJUSTED FROM 75 mil)
All teams have 2,000,000 cash on hand in addition to budget.

Minimum Service for FA is 6 years
Minimum Service for Arb is 3 years
Draft Pick Compensation is ENABLED for teams that lose free agents in the offseason.
No minor league free agency.

There is a Luxury Tax imposed. The soft cap is 120% of the league average payroll. Any team spending over 120% of the league average is taxed 20% on any spending over that amount.

Salary cap is set at 125,000,000. Team cash maximum is 10,000,000

Rosters are 25 active/40 secondary. You can expand to 40 in spring training and September without using options!

Waiver Period is 15 days, DFA period is 16 days (like old BSL)
Minor League Options are enabled.
Rule 5 draft is enabled.
Trade Deadline 7/31
Veteran 10/5 veto trade rule is ENABLED. A veteran over 10 years of service can veto any trade OR any player with the same team 5 years can veto a trade.
Ammy Draft 6/15....8 rounds.

Let Nick and I know your thoughts as well. I'm doing a lot of this just based on my experience with the game.

Last edited:
Huge thanks to Cory for doing alot of this set up for me, I ran thru alot of it on my own, but was failing to see where some of these changes need to be made, So thankfully COry is here to help out our initial setup.

Mucho thanks guys! I can see that draft pick comp is a big change and will affect a lot in the decision to release or offer arv, to trade or let go to FA... IMO :)

Also, recently drafted players cannot be traded until they accrue one year of pro service.

Quick note. I just lost about 250 posts (I assume they were from the BSL forums being cleared). Man did I enjoy this league if I posed over 250 times about it!!

Thanks for everything guys.

It all sounds great to me. No worries about missing my Reds AA logo :)

Thanks for all the setup - can't wait to do some draft research soon!

Eric

New J's owner checking in... I like some of the changes.. It will take some of the leg work out of the game for the commish.. Thanks for the hard work guys!! Kendall

I am going to work on retooling the old rules page to reflect what we know so far about the new league.

Keep in mind with the new game and some new rules, there will be adjustments that will have to be made. (I'm specifically concerned about the financial end of things...I have done some testing, but there are a lot of factors I can't easily reproduce).

Also, there is quite a bit of owner-side control that will have to be accomplished.....I really hope everyone has a 'test' league created just to learn how to set lineups, tendencies, promote, demote, waiver, free agent, offer extensions, etc. If you don't know how to do something ASK because it will be your responsibility once we get underway!

Will we be uploading or sending a file directly to Nick each sim?

One question, are there still going to be prospect development increases/decreases in our new BSL? I didn't see them in any of my test OOTP 12 leagues.

One question, are there still going to be prospect development increases/decreases in our new BSL? I didn't see them in any of my test OOTP 12 leagues.

Under team, click reports tab. Should show all ratings changes for all players in organization.

We're also getting ~4-10 international free agents each offseason....who knows, maybe your franchise can sign the next Yu Darvish (or Dice K:S)