BSL Major Change: All Owners read and check in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Read and understood.

Let me throw this out there. Instead of every other day sims, which is difficult for me to keep up with, how about twice weekly sims. Same two days each week. Any two days would work, but lets say Wed and Sat. Each sim being 15 days, a month of the season is covered each week. Also knowing the deadline is say 12 noon central on each Wed and Sat, an owner will know when he needs to export and can fit it into his schedule more easily. A regular season is covered in 6 weeks, a full year covered in 12 weeks. That gives us 4 season a year in the BSL. An option that might be a bit more attractive to prospective new owners and easier for some current ones.

---Dodgers

Agree with this statement completely.

Totally against only 2 sims a week, especially during the off season when there isn't much going on. I like the flow we have going on now, keeps it more interesting in my opinion. For most sims there isn't much to do anyway in terms of time spent so not sure why so much time would be needed in between. Yes, I understand life is busy as I have a 5 year old, a 3 month old, a full time job and go to school as well.

Read and understood.

Let me throw this out there. Instead of every other day sims, which is difficult for me to keep up with, how about twice weekly sims. Same two days each week. Any two days would work, but lets say Wed and Sat. Each sim being 15 days, a month of the season is covered each week. Also knowing the deadline is say 12 noon central on each Wed and Sat, an owner will know when he needs to export and can fit it into his schedule more easily. A regular season is covered in 6 weeks, a full year covered in 12 weeks. That gives us 4 season a year in the BSL. An option that might be a bit more attractive to prospective new owners and easier for some current ones.

---Dodgers

Might be a good idea to consider... I would recommend the sims be on Monday and Thursday.. Only because owners work all week and use the weekend to spend time with their families or rest.. Just my thoughts..

PS.. I would agree with Matt about the off season to keep things moving... Since some teams are not active during the off season and do not check back until spring training starts..

Last edited:
My opinion is that the current system is the way to go. Nick builds the sim deadlines around his schedule, opting for two days if it works out for him, sometimes it is 3 or 4. I completely agree that there should never be one day turnarounds, and that the offseason should usually be on an accelerated schedule for sure (it usually isn't a problem there).

Keep in mind that Nick has to run these in his free time. There are many times we have delayed the sim a day or two in getting ran after the deadline posted and I have zero problem with that, as I know the time involved.

In all honesty, MOST of the time, there isn't a ton you have to do aside from account for injuries in the lineup. Otherwise, 90% of the stuff can be done every other sim, etc. Trading, aside from the deadline, should be zero excuse to hold up a simulation.

I am leaving this one in Nick's hands. He can do whatever he chooses and I will be content with that.

I like the flow of feedback.

EDIT: Let it be known I do NOT favor scheduling specific days every week for sims, as that is extremely hard to fit into a schedule from a commissioner standpoint.

Wow! There is a lot going on. I honestly care less about the contraction (wish they would do that in real life). I am deeply confussed by the tickets but will figure it out after I re-read everything. Standing by for whatever decision is made. I am easy. While I am not as active as I was the first go around this is still fun.

Man I saw your little ones well not so little LOL. They grow up way to fast man which means we are getting.......oooollllddderrrrr.......

Totally against only 2 sims a week, especially during the off season when there isn't much going on. I like the flow we have going on now, keeps it more interesting in my opinion. For most sims there isn't much to do anyway in terms of time spent so not sure why so much time would be needed in between. Yes, I understand life is busy as I have a 5 year old, a 3 month old, a full time job and go to school as well.

Man I saw your little ones well not so little LOL. They grow up way to fast man which means we are getting.......oooollllddderrrrr.......

I hear that, the kids make me feel older in age but younger at heart:) Magnus is now in love with Legos and we play them all the time building monster trucks, or space ships, or fire boats....anything his little mind comes up with. Really takes me back to when I used to do the same thing. Not having a father growing up really makes me cherish these moments with my kids.

I hear that, the kids make me feel older in age but younger at heart:) Magnus is now in love with Legos and we play them all the time building monster trucks, or space ships, or fire boats....anything his little mind comes up with. Really takes me back to when I used to do the same thing. Not having a father growing up really makes me cherish these moments with my kids.

Matt I admire you giving your kids a great father and must mean even more for you hearing you didn't have that growing up. Glad u made it through I'm sure that wasn't easy proud of u

Matt I admire you giving your kids a great father and must mean even more for you hearing you didn't have that growing up. Glad u made it through I'm sure that wasn't easy proud of u

Kind words Heath and I thank you but it wasn't so bad. I had my grandfather around for a portion of my childhood and he was a great father figure for me, still my hero even:) He grew up without a father as well so he knew what it was like. I'm just glad I had two kids, being an only child could be a bit rough at times in a two person household--couldn't get away with anything!:)